Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Project Hoop-D

16K views 101 replies 32 participants last post by  sixshooter 
#1 · (Edited)
What is Project Hoop-D?: Well I just arrived home today with my 3rd Focus, 6th Ford Product, and 9th Vehicle I've owned. Dubbed "Project Hoop-D" I plan on doing all my "dirty" work and winter driving with this car. Don't worry, Steamboat is just hibernating for the winter!

History: I purchased from original owner w/ 186,500 miles. All maintenance was completed (Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, alternator, belts, hoses, plugs/wires, brakes, bearings, transmission fluid, coolant, radio, and shift solenoids replaced).

Specs: 2002 Ford Focus ZX3. Zetec w/ Auto. Power Everything. Factory Fogs. Moonroof. Spoiler. 16" Alloys. 6-Disc CD

Story Time: OG Owner's neighbor backed into passenger door, smashing glass and destroying door. Owner collected insurance. Abandoned vehicle. Sat for a year and half w/ no window. Cats and Mother Nature moved in. The interior is NASTY! Needless to say I paid a whopping $600. [80?]

What Needs Replaced?:
Windshield
Door/Glass
Fuel Door
Rear Bumper
Tires
Interior

What do I have planned?
Gut Interior
Change Oil
Replace Parts Needed

What have I completed?:
Look at the pics below!

I do have minor mods planned but I will keep them a secret so you guys have a reason to check back! [shhh]

Onto the Pictures!:

What I'm working with...

First "Mods" were Walmart Tint and Decal Removal:

New Parts:
Tires complimentary of FF Member RPPM!

Check back in for updates, thanks for looking! [loveff]

Update 10/11/12:
Engine Flushed, New Oil/Filter/Drain Plug
Update 10/12/12:
Interior Completely Gutted

Still water laying on the floorpans [80?]

Update: 10/17/12
Picked up a new door at the junkyard.

Removed Rear Bumper.

Began sanding.

Continued through the night.

Installed New Door/Bumper.

Finished the night off by sanding the roof, door, and bumper, painted 1 door jamb, gave the car a quick bath, and polished the head/fog lights.

Update 10/18/12
Finished sanding. Taped of trim/windows. Painted door jambs. Laid first coat of base paint. Those pics will come when paint is completed ;)

Also wet sanded the head/fog lights w/ 400g. Sprayed with lacquer. Tinted the fogs. Not sure if I like the color.

Update: 10/19/12
Laid a 2nd coat of paint. Painted spoiler as well.

10/21/12 Laid Final Coat of Paint. Painted roof and bumper as well. Paint in pictures is still drying.

10/24/2012 Replaced Air/Fuel Filter. Installed Iceman Resonator Snorkel

10/25/2012 Installed Home Depot Lip

10/26/2012 Painted and Installed Cougar Wheels/Tires, Installed CODSVT Harness Bar

Picking up the wheels/tires. Had to swap a wheel out for the ride home.

How bad the tire was...

New Wheels/Tires

Harness Bar

Quick Pic at work!

See less See more
#17 ·
lolol

great pickup man. i had to replace my passenger side doors as well as i had a similar incident happen. not hard at all. just make sure the door u get has power everything or ur gonna have fun swapping everything over. lol i also used to have that spoiler on my car a long time ago.

#16 ·
Hahaha thanks guys! Upon cleaning the trash out of the interior, I found 1 pair of dirty rotten men's boxers and 1 Van Halen 1984 CD! Woohoo! Plus the interior is like a Coinstar, there's change everywhere!

I did manage to flush the engine and change the oil today. Cost me a new drain plug too, old one stripped.

I may begin on removing the interior tonight...

#32 ·
Updates on page 1!

Finished the night off by sanding the roof, door, and bumper, painted 1 door jamb, gave the car a quick bath, and polished the head/fog lights.

Tomorrow I hope to do a quick hand sand on spots needed, wipe paint down with thinner, paint jambs, and lay base coat. If I have enough time I will reattach the door handle/mirror, and panel. I will also finish the headlights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.