Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What to do with the exterior?

4K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Shocktech102 
#1 ·
okay here lies the problem, my focus is a dark blue color and for the life of my i cant think of a single way to improve the exterior of my car! if it was white or black id paint the wheels and black out more stuff! im just lost....
[mecry]

#4 ·
pictures? if you really want them i dont have any great ones tho just a few my cousin took for me

there ya go...

#6 ·
idk about black rims i dont think theyll look bad at all, i just want a more unique car, my interior, well i love it i have it set up how i like it all painted with a nice radio just my exterior is just not as... unigue or clean as id like it and black wheels just seem such a small change in contrast to the blue

#11 ·
hey thanks guys :) idk about the white wheels right now due to it being a pain to find 4x108 wheels and due to not wanting to get new wheels right before winter, but i do like the color matching ideas! i think ill do that rather soon once i can find the right color or have it made

#17 ·
damn i like that... itll be a while before i can get all of that but that looks fantastic, good photoshop skills to, but is it legal to black out the side markers? cuz if it is i can actually do that today

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-04-FORD-...ocus|Submodel:ZX3&hash=item564d7181d3&vxp=mtr
if i order thee and get the bulbs for the turn signals can i just take out my normal turn signals in the grill? mass has some weird laws sometimes and i have to get it inspected every year

#20 ·
#23 ·
City hall won't know anything. If anything, the State Police will be the ones bustin your balls. I sit right by an exit ramp in Swansea on my lunch break and I see lowered cars all the time. Don't even worry about it. As for the wheels, you can always try white plastidip on your stockers for the winter. Just for a feeler anyway. As shown above.

#25 ·
lol yellow wheels?
i hate to say it but i kinda like it because im 90% sure almost no one does that but ill have to think about wheel color, but right now im sure i want to color match the trim, any how to's to do this? tomarrow is my birthday and i want to start on this as a present to my self lol

#28 ·
and hey just painting your existing rims yellow would look good so you wouldn't have to pay $400 a rim on actual color rims :)...get some wheel paint (plasti dip) for like $10 a can..may need 2 or 3 cans...and nightshade your tails...2 or 3 coats let dry over night..sand and then clear coat it

#30 ·
i would so do the night shade! but the big man would rather me not... not legal here in mass, and once i find some colored plastidip ill try something crazy just as a temporary thing probably, unless i really like it, and thanks for those tutorials man! i know ill get use out of them

#34 ·
I don't mean to revive a dead thread. But, I can tell you that you can lower your car way more than 2 inches. I live in Westfield as well and my car is slammed and have never had any problems other than potholes..

Here's a pic for reference, awful quality, but you can see I'm way lower than 2"...:

-Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.