Focus Fanatics Forum banner

trade up?

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Snyper 
#1 ·
How many people traded this body style for a 12+? What kind of trade ins and prices did yall get?

#8 ·
I realize the 12+ Focus is a trade up, but for me I wouldnt do it because:

1. I am not convinced that reliability is at acceptable levels yet.
2. ST looks pretty boy racer. I do like the Titanium.
3. I would like something a bit posher. I am a fan of the Fusion, CMax and Escape.

In summary, a trade to a 12+ Focus is an upgrade, but not enough for me to go for it. Besides, I like our humble 08-11 Focus. They just keep running well. Mine is awesome, why trade?

2008 Ford Focus

#10 ·
#17 ·
PSUrive if you sell yours are you going to pull anything off it and put it back to stock or keep it as is?

#19 ·
The problem is not the place you are taking it to its how anyone values them.
While your modifications make it worth more in your eyes in a dealer or carmax eyes it reduces the value because that is something they have to return to stock.
Also they base it on the model such as I have an se model.
Even though it has all things upgraded to what the ses came with and more it is still an se to them.
Truth is modifications kill your resell value unless you find some kid whos parents have alot of cash to drop and are stupid, otherwise they would probably just buy him a new car.

The local ford dealer received my inquiry from intelliprice and hey told me I could get a 2013 SE for $17.5k but my car is still only worth 8375-11105 to them. I will drive this car until it dies even when I do purchase an additional car. Its not worth trading in for what you will receive for it.

#20 ·
Yea one of the downfalls to buying a cheaper car is the resale/trade in is lousy.

#22 ·
Actually yeah, I really don't want to swap everything back to stock. I'm pretty close to the point of no return when it comes to mods. That's why I the dealer wants to see it first. Honestly, I can almost guarantee they will either say no way or just give me a crappy trade in price.

I think I will probably sell it privately and then go for the ST. I'm still going back and forth on what I want to do.

#24 ·
I traded my 2010 SES with 36,000 miles and got around 13k for it. I absolutely love my 2012 SEL. It's much more comfortable, it's faster, I love having a hatch (has moved things already that never would have fit in my 10 SES), and I love the styling. I've got 33,000 miles on it (bought it used with 29k on the clock). And no mechanical issues to report.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.