Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Need help, been to dealer 3 times *Bucking missfire?*
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast
Fan#: 14314
What I Drive: 03 zx3 D23 stick

FF Reputation: 1 metallicanick78 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Im not sure if fule pressure has been checked. There were no codes when this started. It has been getting progrssively worse for the last 2 years! The first dealership trip was about 3-4 months ago, second one was 1 month ago and its still there now for its third trip. A code did pop up once I took the tune off a month ago. Ill have to check which one it was once I get it back. But they said it was a diverter valve or something, "its emmisions related and will not effect the driving, it just wont pass an emissions test." they said.

When I get it back, probably tomorrow, I can try data logging or whatever else you guys think would help. I just will need some instruction or a link to what I have to do. They said they drove it again this mornning and it was in tip top shape. I think they have some kind of data logger that they will give me to drive around with, but its out in another car for at least a few weeks they said. Do I need to download something to a laptop? or can I just use the xcallII? And do I select certaint parameters to record or does it just record everything?

Thanks again guys, I will personally go to the dealership and laugh in there face if you guys can figure this out over the net and they couldent with all there equipment!
2.5 all stainless Borla cat-back, Steeda sri, Focussport excall II 93oct tune----05 zx3 ATX

3" SS Trubendz w/HFC Flex back, Cossie BSD, de-badged----03 zx3 2.3 MTX