Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ok this CEL is gonna be the end of me HELP guys

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sailor 
#1 ·
I know it's the same code and the CEL comes and goes, It's pertaining to a small evap leak. Like right now it's on and maybe 2 days from now it will go back off.

#3 ·
You won't get anywhere with it without a higher end scan tool to command the EVAP functions and probably a smoke machine and other weird tricks. If it's really bothering you you should probably just bite the bullet and take it to a dealer or shop you trust.

#5 ·
Hey badazz2010focus,

Your best bet is going to be visiting your dealership so they can get their hands on the vehicle. Ford certified techs are specially trained to diagnose and repair. If you need any further assistance, I'm happy to help out; just shoot me a PM. [wave]

... If it's really bothering you you should probably just bite the bullet and take it to a dealer...
Couldn't have said it better myself, 6SPD_soul! [;)]

-Crystal [wave]

#6 ·
Yours is new enough that it may be a warranty fix, if so let the dealer check it out for sure!

if it isn't, try the gas cap first - by making sure it's tight when you fill up & seeing if the code goes away in a day or two - then trying a new cap if not.

I re-set a neighbor's Durango a few times over a year, when it coded he couldn't remember if he checked the cap or not... then finally it gave that code when he DID remember tightening it properly, replaced the cap & didn't have that issue again.

Cheap fix if it works, but as mentioned check your book for warranty time vs. when you bought it first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.