Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rear Hatch leaking

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bk7794 
#1 ·
I currently do not own this ford focus, but I was looking at one from a used car lot, not a body shop, and it was raining pretty hard just before. When I went to look at the hatch I noticed that the carpet was wet on one side. Now I was wondering is it a common problem for the gasket between the light and the body to go bad or is there no record of a problem.

Also is this a deal breaker?

#4 ·
Mine used to leak through the moon roof and than flow down into the hatch. A simple cleaning of the seal and realignment of the moon roof fixed the problem.

#5 ·
My 05 zx5 did that 4 months ago when I changed my tails for aftermarket ones.
The metal screw on the side of the taillight ate the plastic washer when I put it back. Results : Water leaking. I used sillicone and now no more leak^^eheh

And I sealed the wings from the inside.

#8 ·
Well the one thing that worries me is what if I can't fix it. Then I got a piece of crap on my hands. However if I can get it for a decent price then I guess it wouldn't be that bad.

But there is no common problems to go wrong? Where would I need to add some caulk?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.