Originally Posted by dbenney
to the op... i work at the plant and will give my hones assessment from assembly experience and experience from my SEL w 5k miles on it.
1. The paint finish could use some improvement(orange peel on all colors due to new paint)...
2. MFT issues. I have had nothing major couple resets but nothing that has been too annoying.
3. early builds had some unique issues wheel bearing issues, DCT issues, steering rack issues
some complain of interior panel fit( i notice none of this on mine.
1. great gas milage(im getting 35MPG at 75MPH w air on with about 90% eway 10& city)
2. nice and quiet...both Engine and road noise
3. good power for a small car
4. sync recognizes about 95% of what I say and what it doesnt is mostly due to incorrect commands.
5. no DCT issues here
6. packed with features
in my honest opinion, this is a good car. there are a ton of features for the price. I am not at all concerned with reliability. thats what warranty is for. would i do it again... YES I would.
I agree with most of this. Later builds will be great. My 5/24/2011 build has had its issues (headliner replaced, MFT issues, DCT issues, etc.) But if you're looking for a solid 2013
vehicle? I say go for the Focus because it seems like all of the issues that I have had have been ironed out.
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, DCT, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.6 109k miles and counting...