Focus Fanatics Forum banner

BBP cat back exhaust

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Fan4Focus 
#1 ·
Has anyone put the BBP cat back replacement exhaust system on a forst gen Focus? I am curious how it fit and sounds if anyone did. I like the price compared to some others but, that is also cause for some apprehension.

#9 ·
Low cost exhaust system

We just installed this exhaust system, http://topgearstreet.com/00-04-Ford-Focus-3-Door-Cat-back-Exhaust-System.html on my son's '01 ZX3. We were a little apprehinsive about the fit, quality and sound due to the $134 price tag. I have to say, I AM IMPRESSED. The whole thing bolted right up with no modifications to hangars and no tweaking at all. It looks great with the polished stainless throughout. The welds look very quality. The only thing we changed was to cut off the 4.5" bell (to much ricer for us) and replace it with 3" stainless resonator tip.

This system sounds great with nice low, throaty tone and very acceptable volume even at WOT. It has a very small cackle when down shifting that is not at all excessive. The two glass packs make for a nice sound and keep the volume at very low levels. This won't annoy the neighbors at all.

I will probably be buying another one of these systems for my '01 ZX3 in the future. We gained a half second on the 0-60 MPH test so performance is up some. Time will tell how the larger pipe affects mileage but, it sure can't hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.