Originally Posted by Visioned
You should never park your car inside the house. The gases will kill you.
That will take a lot longer these days with as clean as the exhaust is regulated to be, but yes parking inside the house is still a bad idea.
To the op: Well unless the foreign built cars operate differently its unlikely that the charge port was working for more than 25-30 minutes after the car was turned off and the door closed to save battery power unless there was a fault with the battery minder circuitry.
Did you have any other errors besides the message, did the car not shift properly or at all?