90% chance that it's corny, 10% chance that it's awesome.
I hope it's not corny, but the story line is the type that there's no room for error. The acting has to be absolutely on point in order to not turn it into an atom bomb.
One corny catch phrase and it's game over.
Taken was awesome. And IMO one of those movies that didn't need a sequel.. but I love Liam Neeson so we'll see.