Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Any Nascar fans out there? Post Up...

36K views 229 replies 22 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
[welcome]

I looked for a Nascar thread but couldn't find anything. Hopefully there's enough fans on here to make this a fun ongoing thread.

I'll start by stating AJ Allmindinger is a DUMB[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]! He ruined his career and a Penske ride all bc he wanted to take prescription speed medication that's cleary against the rules & he knew so! You'd a thought he would have had a little more respect for the sport and learned my that idiot Jeremy Mayfields mistakes.

Went to the Brickyard last Sunday and it was AWESOME, really a great race! Johnson dominated and is now a 4 time Brickyard champion. I'm not personally a "five time" fan but you gotta give the guy respect, bc he's talented as hell, a class act and great for the sport.

Dale Jr's in the points lead for the 1st time since 10/2004 (GO JR NATION), now he just needs to win a couple more races and hopefully he'll win the championship! If not him maybe Smoke will repeat?

Anyone going to the Bristol Night Race on 8/25? Will be my 3rd year in a row and THE best place to watch a live Nascar race; IMO of course. Hopefully my man Tony "smoke" Stewart pulls out a win at Bristol! That'll make my Bistol 2012 weekend all the more better!

So let's hear from all you Nascar fans...

See less See more
#80 ·
holy crap that was huge..... the whole field crashed. i think i saw a car flip. and now jimmie is hitching a ride with jr.

o...AND A FORD WON!!!! GO KENSETH!!!!!

#81 ·
I might become a Stewart fan after he made the bonehead move and took out half the field,handing the win to Kennseth in a FORD!![bootyshak I think smoke must have bumped his head when he went upside down in the wreck. In his interview and the reporter asked him if he was ok, he said "I'm a finely tuned athlete,I've got a really strenuous work out regimen" baahahaaaa....If that's the case,then I'm in perfect shape!! [drinking]

#84 ·
What a massive wreck & shitty end to a good race.

Smoke is a racer first & foremost and was racing for the lead, out alone all by himself. Michael Waltrip should have lifted, what the hell is he even doing on the track anyway. I'm pretty sure Tony was being sarcastic...

#86 ·
Yeah he took the blame for it and apologized. Like you said it's racing and Talladega at that. Everyone knew it was comming specially with a GWC.

Shitty for Bowyer!
Kurt Bush's interview was prolly the best & most honest interview I've ever heard from him.

Jr giving Johnson a ride was pretty funny!

#87 ·
My boy in the blue deuce did awesome & led the most laps. Lost some points thou. He should do great at Kansas & Texas. Love thou's tracks.

#88 ·
If they hadn't run out of fuel, they would have been alright. They aren't in bad shape, however, even with the poorer finish. At least they were still very competitive compared to the 48 and have a solid shot of holding them off for the championship. Good race.

#89 ·
Man I just hope "5-time" doesn't make it "6-time". I'm not a fan of his in anyway but you HAVE to respect & acknowledge he's a class act on the track & off.

I'm pulling for Denny Hamlin even though I hate Toyota! It's a shame IMPO that 1 of the big 3, "Dodge" is leaving (even though there really not an American car company anymore bc their 60% Italian owned).

I'll be at Martinsville in 2 weeks for my 1st chase race, can't frickin wait!!! Anyone else going? If you live somewhat close to the track they have plenty of tickets still and the most exspensive is $79, just an FYI...

#90 ·
Bummer about Penske giving Hornish the boot & he's going good too. Kurt Bush didn't do to good in his new Furniture row 78 ride. I guess getting use to it. Martinsville seems like it would be a great race to see for the fan's= being a fish bowl. I'd love to see the Kansas & Texas races= two great tracks. Maybe Kyle Bush can grab a win.

#91 ·
[idea] My pick for Kansas is Mark Martin. He is hungry for a win and the one to beat today. I just hope it is not a gas milage race. Yesterdays race was a good race but came down to gas milage. And poor[hah] Kyle Bush ran out of gas. Looking forward to a fun race [popcorn]

#94 ·
suprised no one on here has even discussed sundays brawl...

#95 ·
I've been pretty busy traveling on business but I thought it was frickin awesome. I'm not really a Gordon fan but felt sorry for him after how good he's ran this year but had the worst luck. After his bone headed move last weekend with taking out Bowyer, who before the race mathematically still had a shot (especially with 5-time blowing tires & hitting the wall). Thought it was awesome how Bowyer went running to try to get to Gordon to defend his team and how you could see someone "holding Gordon back", hell he would have got his ass beat down by Bowyers pit crew. I mean seriously Gordon is what 5'4" and 150 pounds wet, LOL. I lost the little bit of respect I had for Gordon, will never feel sorry for him again and a 4 time champion should act like one instead of acting like Danica Patrick.

NASCAR should have parked his ass next weekend, but it's the "Rainbow Warrior" and he puts asses in the seats. His $100k fine was a slap on the wrist considering a $1 to him is like $100 to us.

Also there should have been a caution the 1st time Gordon tried to wreck Bowyer earlier in the race & in turn wrecked himself into the wall, there was all kinds of stuff flying from his car and at the end when Danica hit the wall & left oil all over the track. That's the problem is NASCAR is not consistent what so ever when throwing a caution.

#102 ·
If I got a GM vehicle, the G8 would probably be the only one I would consider. It's a shame it couldn't save Pontiac but hopefully Chevy can make a good run with it now.

#103 ·
Anybody watch the awards ceremony last night? What was up with how the applause sounded? the voices sounded normal,but when the crowd clapped and laughed,it sounded like they were in a tunnel or the sound was coming through a tube. was that intentional or a mistake by the sound people?

#104 ·
Thats what I heard too.
If I got a GM vehicle, the G8 would probably be the only one I would consider. It's a shame it couldn't save Pontiac but hopefully Chevy can make a good run with it now.
I prefer the pontiac front end & I don't care for the addtional wb lenght on the chevy. I surprised that chevy doesn't have the 270hp in a cruze. Like the Buick Regal GS. Thats a real sleeper.

#108 ·
penske is switching to ford

logano is driving the 22 for penske

stenouse is stepping up to the sprint cup series for roush in the 17

kurt busch is driving for furniture row

vickers is going to MWR

i guess scott speed is racing the 95

danica patrick [facepalm] is driving for stewart haas still

the dillon brothers are sharing a spot in the 33 for RCR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.