Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Zolemite's 2012 Focus S 5M/T

19K views 108 replies 29 participants last post by  zolemite 
#1 ·
Hey all, Just wanted to start a thread on my car. Hopefully I can keep this without some BS happening. I'm going to do some simple yet tasteful mods. So far I've changed out all the exterior lights to Vled'sn w/ resistors, DDM Tuning 55w 6k highs & lows, Blox neo chrome shift knob, 18x8 +40 Niche NR6 w/ Kumho 235/45/18 tires, Rays lug nuts, drop in cup holder inserts. I bought G2 black caliper paint for my rear drums (painting tonight). Still undecided about front caliper color.

I just clay barred the car then used my porter cable DA and a black pad and polished the car. Then put Collinite synthetic wax. then 2 coats of Pinnacle Liquid Sovereign pure carnuba.

Here are some pics :) This might be a slow build, but I'll update with pics when I make any changes.

See less See more
#35 ·
you said it yourself, when you had them in your volvo nobody flashed their highbeams at you. which means they weren't being blinded. everyone on here is going to have different opinions on everything, and no matter what either of us say were not going to change their minds. so just get over it and stop bashing the guy. at the end of the day it's his car, not yours.

#37 ·
There is also a difference with a clear lens and a foggy yellow lens most old cars have. New cars have clearer lenses if that make any sense thus reducing glare. Technically even if I retrofitted projectors those still won't be the same as a actual HID housing. Foe example my last car was a 07 Maxima which had stock projectors, but not HID. Guys were also saying not to do a hid conversion with those. It honestly ddin't look much different than the true HID housing with a 6k bulb.

Reguardless I'm glad you guys mucked up my thread with this propaganda. I've been reading these same arguments probably longer than most of you been driving. That is like telling someone to remove their tint because its too dark at night and you're worried about there safety or because it's illegal.

#39 ·
There is also a difference with a clear lens and a foggy yellow lens most old cars have. New cars have clearer lenses if that make any sense thus reducing glare.
Actually an older car with cloudy lenses would let less light through so the glare would be less noticeable. A new car with clear lenses will let all the light through resulting in more glare...

Reguardless I'm glad you guys mucked up my thread with this propaganda.
prop·a·gan·da
noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2. the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
3. the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.

Nothing posted in this thread is propaganda.

I've been reading these same arguments probably longer than most of you been driving.
This is a fallacy. Just 'cause you're older doesn't mean you're wiser.

#38 ·
This is false. A retrofit would project the light through the plastic lenses. It would not shine off of the reflective housing that a halogen would use. (Which is why HID glare off the reflective part. All a stock projector does it just that. A proper retrofit would be a world of difference. Otherwise why would people do it, if it still glared?

#40 ·
yeah'
bs is everywhere. its the internet...
plain and simple.
i like where you are headed with your car.
i'm not going to dive into the HID debate.
"to each his own"
i have hid conversion in my fogs..
but they are heavily tinted. [grinking]

keep it up and eff the haters.

but seriously, they can be blinding.. angle them down some and it will help.

#41 ·
Can you post a photo of the car showing the painted drums? I'd imagine they blend in fairly well considering you have black wheels. Seems like a cheap, easy, and effective way to make them blend in... I might do it too if it looks good on your car!

Other than that - your car looks clean, and I like it so far. Some window tint would finish off the black/silver theme you have going :)

#53 ·
Snatched up a new set of Blox extended lug nuts. They fit exactly like I thought they would. They will sit flush with the outside of the lug hole. I also bought G2 red caliper paint for my front calipers. I'll post pics after I finish tomorrow night.

#61 ·
Hopefully installing the springs tomorrow. I finished my LED conversion and now the only lights that aren't LED are the headlights.

This LED reverse Cree bulb finishes my conversion. I installed resistors for any bulb that blinks or changes.

I also ordered a custom shift boot from Maciej over seas at redlinegoods.com. I just kinda set it in there for mock up. I actually need to use some glue to get a perfect fit.The boot is charcoal perforated leather/black leather, with blue, and silver quadruple stitching. He makes the best shift boots around.
Before:

After:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.