Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Another Texas road rally!

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  sccarally 
#1 ·
A new event on our calendar is the ONTO Fall Rally, the fourth in the 2012 Texas Region Rally Championship Series. Starting and ending in McKinney, we will explore the twisty back country paved roads to the North and East. If you liked “Clear Blue Sky,” you will love “ONTO Fall”. There will be a few course following problems to keep you on your toes and some fun clues for the questions you will answer along the way.

• Rally Day: Saturday, September 29
• Starting Place: Spring Creek Barbeque, 1993 North Central Expressway (NW corner with Highway 380) McKinney, TX 75070
• Registration/Check-In: 8:30 – 9:15 am on Rally Day
• Safety Briefing: 9:20 am / Rally School: 9:25 – 9:50 am (we have the whole restaurant)
• Starting Time, First Car: 10:00 am plus your car number
• Finish Time, First Car: 2:00 pm, estimated
• Preregistration is at http://www.motorsportReg.com/ (Seach for Road Rally)
• Awards: First Timers, Novices and General Class

If course-following is a mystery to you, we’ll explain in the General Instructions we will send you when you pre-register, and at the pre-rally school. Come and find out what all the fun is about!

We had 1 Focus in the last rally (and 3 other Ford products).

Join us!

See less See more
#7 ·
Road rally is a contest of precision driving. Some times the contest is to stay exactly on time. In the case of the ONTO Fall Rally, it will be a contest to see if you can stay on the correct route.

If you want WRC type events, check our web site www.rallyengr.com. We are planning a performance rally based in Lamar county over Thanksgiving weekend. That is a contest of speed and I doubt your car is prepared for that. :)

#8 ·
no way I Hell I'm done with this thing by then! I don't even have my new FR head installed yet LOL --next November however...

Is there a website for this non-arse hauling, paying attention-style rally? I like the idea of a twisty test of attention span.

Posted via FF Mobile

#9 ·
The Texas region SCCA web site covers road rally. See www.texasscca.org.

Also, if you are serious about wanting to run in a Rally America performance event, read the rules first. Mostly because Ford is putting up some money for those who compete in Fords but I don't know what the restrictions are on allowable modifications. I do know that performance rally needs a serious roll cage. And that handling is more important than horsepower.

#11 ·
There are ten cars signed up for the ONTO Fall Rally on the 29th. My guess is 25 cars will run the event on fun Collin County roads. The check runs went well, and the course got kudos from the checkers.

No Focus cars yet. Why not?

This is event number four out of six for the series this year. Next is the Great Pumpkin Rally to Paris, a rally known for easy course following but hard questions. Mark October 27 on your calendar. Then in December a rare Sunday rally, the Network Children's Book Run, our annual charity event. This is scheduled for the 2nd. All you Saturday workers don't have an excuse for this one.

Follow me on Twitter (@TXrally) to keep up with registration progress, and maybe a hint or two to help you out on rally day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.