Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ST3 Delayed due to Recaro Seats back order

13K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  calebstubstad 
#1 ·
I just got a call from my dealer he was told by the Ford rep that the all leather Recaro seats are on back order so any 202A (ST3) package will be delayed until Mid October.

That just sucks![mecry]

#3 ·
I thought it was the HID head lamp assemblies that were the bottle neck, now you're saying its the generic looking black leather recaro seats? I'm sure they are very nice, but apart from adding an electric motor, possibly a seat heater, and full leather what's the real difference over the half leather seat structure itself?

#5 ·
No mention of HID delay

My sales person never even mentioned a delay due to the HID lights. I agree how do they not have sets! Nuts![?|]

#7 ·
My sales person never even mentioned a delay due to the HID lights. I agree how do they not have sets! Nuts![?|]
All confirmed ST3 orders were to have been contacted by the Ford about either waiting for the car to be available, or substituting an ST1 or ST2 because of the HID assemblies not being available yet, and they were also canceling all stock orders for ST3s and allowing dealers to reschedule an ST1 or 2 for the same allocation period.

Edit: Found the source document as of July:

"SUMMARY
The HID headlamp assembly with LED lighting included in the 2013 Focus ST ST3 (202A) will be offered
as late availability. Introduction timing for ST3 (202A) is estimated early Q4 2012.
KEY CHANGES
• 2013 Focus ST ST3 (202A) package will be moved to late availability. Dealer stock orders
already scheduled for ST3 have been canceled and orders can be replaced with 200A or 201A
immediately. 202A orders not yet scheduled have been put on hold pending equipment
availability.
• Customers with Retail Orders including ST3 will be directly contacted by ST Program
Headquarters to discuss options (including spec changing or waiting for 202A.)
ADDITIONAL DETAILS
• Dealers should ensure that Focus ST retail customer orders have been registered with the 2013
Early Order Program to ensure Ford has the required customer contact information and to ensure
eligibility for the pre-sale GoPro camera incentive for the first 1000 verified retail orders received
by August 20, 2012. Presently only 65% of retail customer orders are registered for this
incentive. See https://cni.dealerconnection.com/ to register your customer.
• Retail customer orders that have not been approved by the 2013 Early Order Program will not be
scheduled for production and will not be eligible for the GoPro camera incentive.
• Ford will be directly contacting retail customers who have pre-ordered a 2013 Focus ST with the
ST3 (202A) package. Retail customers will be given the option of:
o Replacing the order with the 201A or 200A package
o Waiting for availability of the 202A package with HID headlamps, tentatively estimated at
early Q4 2012.
• There is no change to the availability of 2013 Focus ST 200A or 201A packages."

This documentation seems to indicate that it was the lights and unless there was a further communication that I'm unaware of nothing was ever mentioned about the full leather recaro seats being the concern.

#8 ·
True HID's are neither cheap nor easy to do. The entire housing is different to focus the light properly. Those cheap "kits" that call themselves HID's are junk, and only make you look like you have blue lights (which is illegal). If you're going to rice out a $25k car, go for it.

#10 · (Edited)
I'm not snappy, just trying to eliminate mis-information. You won't duplicate the stock HID's with any aftermarket kit. If you need to tell yourself that's the case to make yourself feel better about "doing it yourself", go for it. But don't fool people into thinking they will get something as good as the stock HID setup with something from the aftermarket. They'll be disappointed.

#11 ·
My dealer placed my order for the st3 package two weeks ago. All he has heard is that the car is deleted due to material delay. I have not been contacted by Ford to discuss any options. I would be fine with getting the st3 without the lights. I just want my heated seats

#13 ·
If your dealer placed a RETAIL order (which means he ordered it for you, with your name on it) then it did not get deleted, it is delayed until early November. If he placed a dealer order, then yes, it got deleted unless he changed it to an ST2 or ST1 package.

Go on the Ford ST facebook page for current updates. This information is widely publicized. The delay was for the headlamps, not seats. I even have a letter from Ford stating this. Anything else you hear is not accurate.

#12 ·
One of my coworkers got a call from Ford stating the delay is headlamp related. They also sent him a package today and one of the items in it was a diecast Tangerine Scream ST

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I got a copy of my actual order for my ST3 and it lists, along with about 170 other items, "Power 4-way Driver Seat Adjust" and "Power Driver Seat Recliner".

I just ordered it last week.

#17 ·
I got a copy of my actual order for my ST3 and it lists, along with about 170 other items, "Power 4-way Driver Seat Adjust" and "Power Driver Seat Recliner".]
Yup. Confirmed with Ford today that the ST3 package *does* include power driver seat/recliner. The guy I spoke with confirmed by going outside to the ST3 they have sitting by their office door.

Also confirmed no Homelink on the visor, no auto dim mirror. Too bad. Titanium comes with Homelink.

#23 ·
ST3's have been released. We've had ours at work since Wednesday.
Can you *please* show us the controls for the Power Driver Seat? Haven't seen any photos anywhere, but I've seen it listed on my order sheet and Ford Performance Group confirmed that it comes on the ST3.

I'm dying to know!

#33 ·
Thankyou RGonyer! My car is still a couple weeks away and I've been on pins and needles wondering about some things and your photo answers my main question.

The next one is - what does the Ambient Lighting control look like on the roof console?
Are the Visor Mirrors lighted?
I assume there is none of the following: Visor mounted garage door opener; auto dimming mirror; rain sensing wipers; Correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.