Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sonic's Mk3 in Pictures...

16K views 146 replies 26 participants last post by  Chaos09 
#1 ·
Since I have the Lounge and Build Thread, I figured I'd start a showroom thread just for random pics... No real info, just pics... Enjoy...

#53 ·
And illegal in many states and it just does not work on a Focus or many other cars;keep it out the back since that does look a bit cheap. Just being honest and no "to each his own".
Just no purpose to a side exit and why chance getting somebody a burned getting into the back seat and the "HOT" sticker is awful cheesy.

Still a nice car but it seems you're trying too hard;sometimes simple is better.

#54 ·
You really don't have many nice things to say unless it's about your wifes Focus, do you[slap]

These threads aren't really for the intent of flaming. Yes, it's the Internet. But sometimes you could think about what you're wanting to say, and then tell yourself to do this-

[thumb]

#57 ·
Sure seems like honesty isn't the best policy around here and I just gave an opinion and it does look dumb. I say lots of nice things about people's cars but you seem to be missing that. Yeah,I'll say something if I don't like it or if I like it. What's wrong with an opinion just because I don't agree with your's.
I thought forums were for open opinions or is this forum for slapping the OP on the back and worshipping everything he does in this thread? I don't think the OP thinks that way.

Flaming and having an constructive opinion or a fact (side exhaust is illegal if it didn't come that way) aren't the same but I guess I'll apologize for ruffling feathers and be on my merry way but grow a little skin since it's just my opinion.

Carry on ladies and gentlemen

#60 ·
I was also concerned about the legality and it's an appearance only mod but you are introducing heat and exhaust fumes right under the passenger door and sitting at a light you'll have exhaust fumes going right into the the cabin if the windows are down.
Why is that a good mod? Just because it looks questionably good nobody is going to have a real opinion or a concern for informing the OP to it's legality or a problem? It looked bad on the Civics of yore in the '90s and it still just doesn't look right on a modern fwd car.
I'm a car guy to the fullest and yes,I pit function before form so it's just my nature.

I've never randomly picked on his car as I've posted more than a few things about his car and til now nobody cared.

#61 ·
So,if the OP slaps a Hello Kitty!!!! sticker on his hood are you going to line up to slap him on the butt and exclaim "good job"...."looks sweet"....."I might do that to my car" or will you guys have an honest opinion? I just felt the side exhaust was a bit much and that was my Hello Kitty moment.

Look at the thread of auto fails-you're doing it wrong;that thread is full of cars who's owners didnt have honest friends/car guys telling them what worked and didn't so I didn't think a honest opinion was crossing the line.

#65 ·
Here is the original post. Unless I'm wrong, it doesn't say 'please question my mod likes' or 'is this legal' or 'is this safe'. It also doesn't say 'please flame' or 'please criticise'. Simply 'enjoy'. If you don't enjoy it and have already made your criticisms elsewhere, why post on this thread too?

And do you honestly think that enough fumes will come into the car to cause damage while sitting at a stop light? How long are your lights?

Ultimately, if you only like your wifes car, that is fine. But stop trash talking about all of ours. At least Sonic tries to make positive contributions to the community.

The exception to that would be any time we put sticky vents or door edging on everything[slap]

#67 ·
*raises hand*

is this car called sonic and is there a background to the reason it is?

#68 ·
LOL... You didn't have to raise your hand...

There is a story behind it and I'll write something in a bit, I'm busy at work... But, no, the car is not named Sonic.

I'll get you the full story when I sit down for dinner break. It's in the lounge and I the HN boredom thread but it'd be easier to just retype it. :)

#70 ·
lol well in the midst of all this bickering i thought i'd be respectful and raise my had to get some attention. that's all i really wanted to know. but you should put the description on the first page.

gracias

#71 ·
I lol'ed at the post, just playing with ya. Your post had great timing[thumb]

Sonic should post the story in his sig line. Then, everyone would know all the time. Lots of people come into the Lounge, don't read through it (it's a beast of a thread now, I don't blame them), and ask.

#72 ·
Well, in this case I thought it was pretty self explanatory... My screen name is Sonic_Hedgehog... So it's Sonic's car... But...

The story of my Screen name and the crew is longer... Will update in a bit

#73 ·
[scratch]mmm nope. when i think sonic i think blue. or red in the case of knuckles. or yellow for tails. and so on and so forth.

but alright cool. can't wait to see

#74 ·
Okay... Where to start...?

This is my third Focus. First was an '01 SE Sedan in Pitch Black, ex wife took it as her car and took in divorce. Second was a '02 Sonic Blue ZX3 SVTF. His name was Sonic (original, I know) an that's what spawned my Screen Name when I joined the second time (stopped using the screen name I had with the SE). Loved the car, would go as far as to call it my dream ride. I sat in its twin in 2004 at Rich Ford here in Albuquerque and bought my Sonic in Woodland Hills, CA used with 35,000 miles (Aug 2007) on it. In June 2008 he was taken from me by a drunk driver.

I bought a used 2004 WRX and moved on for awhile. Didn't post here, occasionally visited for posterity and see what was going on with the current Focus.

Fast forward to March of this year. The WRX rolled over 153,000 miles and was starting to show its age. I was needing to replace the A/C, needed a paint refresh, etc... Went looking at the Mk3 Focus and really loved them. Actually, looked at the Fiesta and decided it was just a tad too small. Rich Ford found me my car in Denver had it transferred down and I began ownership of Focus #3. I initially went looking for a Sonic Blue but they couldn't find one with all the options I wanted.

I decided against changing my screen name and once again rejoined the FF family. So, now while I don't have a Sonic Blue car anymore I've kind of just embraced the name and embody the notion of being Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog actually comes in many colors and flavors. It was actually Unida from Australia that turned me onto the green version of Sonic and now I'm set [thumb].

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.