Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Stealth CAI--What to expect and what NOT to do.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #75
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
Fan#: 101539
What I Drive: 2007 Red ZX3 SES

Points 161, Level 3
Points: 161, Level: 3 Points: 161, Level: 3 Points: 161, Level: 3
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 CRASH7772 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by racer13 View Post
Just did this today, so far so good! I did the 90* elbow method due to the auto trans and it fit really nicely. Also slitting the 3" couple over the MAF tube was a breeze, far easier than it was to put the 3" filter in the 3" 90* tube I have a spectre on there for now but will be putting a K&N on when i can afford it. Noise is very minimal with the excpetion on a sucking sound at idle and a nice growl at WOT (Not ricey at all). Regualr driving doesnt seem any louder than before. Thanks for the write up!

cant figure out how to post pics, but heres a link with some photos from the install
Mine is very noticeable at idle (actually thought something was wrong), guess it shows how air hungry these little engines are. The Spectre flows just as good as the K&N it's just made overseas. I went with the K&N RC-9160 ($34 shipped on Ebay) which is slightly larger than 3" opening.