Focus Fanatics Forum banner

rebuild options

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  burke_024 
#1 ·
so i have forged pistons and rods and they are starting to slap i wanted to know what my rebuild options are can i reuse the setup with a differant block and new bearings or do i HAVE to get over sized pistons ,im just assuming its been honed once when the rods and pistons were done ,just a rough ballpark estimate and what i would need ,and the most realistic block to use ,thnx

#2 ·
Thats hard to say , you need to remove the pistons and see what the sizes are , why are they slapping now ? did they collapse? you need to mic them at the skirt then at the top just below the rings , if the sizes are the same then check the bore size and see what piston clearances are

Why do you feel there is a piston size issue ?

Tom

#3 ·
when i redid the head and gaskets the pistons move front to back in the bore like rocking on the wrist pin enough that at idle and lite cruise i can say that is the culprit of my slap,im just thinking its time for a rebuild never done one but ive never failed at anything ive tried so,im gonna do it ,anyone know of a good walkthrough let me know thnx

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.