So I just got what was left of the black backing off. The tools I used: A steak knife, razor blade, flat head screwdriver, and some oven mitts. The Permaseal is very hard stuff to work with. First I looked around the headlight and used a razor to cut off the adhesive that was sticking out, more adhesive you can get off, the better. Then I heated it up at 250 degrees for 7.5 minutes. Started working at the adhesive right out of the oven (use some oven mitts because the headlight is HOT), then once the adhesive became almost impossible to work with, I popped it back in the oven. I repeated that process 6 times. This requires and steady hand and some patience. Be careful when you are working the adhesive out of the headlight, the plastic is slightly brittle, it does have some give, but it will let you know when you went too far, by breaking. Work around the headlight as quick you can, but carefully, because the permaseal gets tougher to work with relatively quick.
I am still waiting to get my Projectors. I had some unexpected things pop up that is delaying my little project.