Focus Fanatics Forum banner

08 to 11 modifications (pictures)

54K views 243 replies 40 participants last post by  mac.mogul 
#1 ·
Hey just post what you've done to make your car look sick!

#228 ·
agreed but the tire size is 205/50/16

I [dunno] how big of a difference a 205/65/16 will make but hopefully it takes up some of dat gap. Plus being able to easily lift these with 1 hand because they are so light is a huge plus, the more weight you can take off below the suspension the better!

#229 ·
just be careful though. less weight on your wheels can also mean that they aren't as strong and easier to bend or break in the winter up there. Motegi does make some nice stuff though so you may be fine, just just a heads up for ya in case. some extra rubber on there would def look better and help with the ride and wheel protection.

#234 ·
this one is a friend's in KC. he cut out where the focus lettering is and put clear plexi behind it and then we installed some led running lights behind it.

and yes, with the krylon fusion all you have to do is just clean them with some soapy water (get and crap off it) and then paint. will come out a kind of satin finish and you can clear coat it it you want more gloss.[/QUOTE]

How hard was the led mod?

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#236 ·
3dcarbon is where we got them from but im not sure if they have any left as they quit producing more last year. It is completely empty when you purchase it. just the pockets which is why I got it anyways, I didnt care for the first aid kit lol. But it doesn't hold alot without falling off UNLESS(= you take large head screws and affix it in between all of the pockets so that it is held up better. I used black screws and they go completely un-noticed but it holds alottt now with no problems. Ill post a pic in a bit!

#237 ·
lol I don't even have anything in mine. When I go to autocross as a support vehicle I keep my trunk open so everyone in our group can get to the cooler/snacks when they want and people are constantly asking me about it. Its a really nice touch that people seem to notice.

#238 ·
A few thing with the 4 lug mustang rims - aren't there some modifications to the wheel that needs to be done to make it work on a focus? I thought i read somewhere that the hub center was smaller or something.

Also, those look like they have a RWD offset ... they're going to stick out a bit

#240 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce
Hey,

I just saw that you had a set of mustang rims on your focus and wanted to know if they rubbed on you at all?

The reason I ask is because I just bought an old set for winter wheels. But if they are going to rub I think I will try to find something else.

Thanks!

Response:
I used to rub on my old frpp suspension because it was so bouncy but never really had any problems when i switched to dgr coils. If your on stock suspension im sure youll be fine

[werd]

#242 ·
My suspension setup

just throwing this out there, my setup is up for sale. it'll be up for sale till friday and then most likely off the bst afterwards if i can't sell it by then. pm me for details

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.