Focus Fanatics Forum banner

lets get this snail moving..

24K views 120 replies 19 participants last post by  GodLovesUgly 
#1 · (Edited)
i say snail because i won't have time/money to get this finished until my next autox season, which is in March. YEP! i'm going to SMF!!

i do however need your help as this will be my most extensive performance install.
first off, here is a list of what i currently have.

Comp Turbo W/ V-band installed
SPA manifold with adapter plate for Evolution WG
~ Siemens Deka 60lbs injectors
3" CFM MAF Tube
Diablo MAfia
Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
2.5 dowbpipe with V band
Greddy type RS BOV
OBX Intercooler and Piping
Oil lines, from head to turbo and turbo to oil pan
Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller
Auto Meter Ultra light Boost gauge
Welded Oil Pan
J&S safegaurd
Xcal3

What i NEED

Catch Can
Crankcase
Vac Hoses

i know i need to get an A/F gauge, Tune, and Knock sensor gauge (not req. but i want it)

but i wasn't sure what else i needed at this point?
i know that i should upgrade my clutch and flywheel, but that will have to wait until March.

i'm planning an install meet at my house on October 30th, so i'll have some friends give me a hand with the actual install.

thanks for the help, i'm sure i will have a lot more questions..
GLU

See less See more
#93 ·
doesn't look like the wrong angle unless you can rotate that pipe a bit.

Second pic is the wastegate. Vacuum source for that should be closest to the turbo I do believe.

BOV should be after the throttle plate.

#94 ·
I've seen some wastegates route the vac to the turbo, but my turbo doesn't have a fitting for it.. where else can i route this?
With my set up, am i going to have to tee off 4 spots or 3?
Should i consider a vacuum manifold?

#96 ·
gotcha. so considering my turbo doesn't have a nipple on the compression housing, i can either drill one, or drill one on the charge pipe near it.. right?
since i'm using an electronic boost gauge i'll have to use both ports on the wastegate, right?

#97 ·
Figured it out.
Top wastegate fitting tees off to turbo and boost solenoid.
bottom wastegate fitting goes to the other side of the boost solenoid.

I went and got a hose fitting for the top of my wastegate.. but it doesn't fit!! couldn't find anything that would. gonna call Turbonetics and see if they have em..

#98 ·
alright.. still having trouble getting the piping to fit correctly. the BOV is poitioned too high (hood wont shut) does anyone have a picture of how the piping should be set up??

here is a picture of what i'm working with.. do I have to cut some of this "bracket" in order for the piping to sit a little lower?

#100 ·
dusting off this thread because I decided to work on my build a little more yesterday. bumper is back on, IC piping is on, but now i'm a little confused.

I'm runing an ORP and i've got a question regarding the o2 sensors. does the SVT have 2 o2 sensors? if so, what am I supposed to do with the three bungs I now have?

There are two on the ORP and one on the turbo downpipe.
help??

#114 ·
it is running! still datalogging with Tom right now. but the car is feeling better each time.
had to figure out how to operate my AEM Tru boost gauge.. for the first couple of pulls i was making 12psi! had to tone it down to 8/9

#120 ·
well she's up and running after the tuning process. The car is running off of the wastegate spring(8psi) for now. At one point I was making 12.5+ psi but that was before I figured out how to use the boost gauge/controller [slap] stock clutch has to last while I save for a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.