I believe I determined I have a 7.2psi spring in the wastegate. I had the spring out twice and I'm fairly certain it was green. HERE is the guide from Tial
. I would have sworn the boost gauge didn't go above 6 though, but I guess I was trying to watch a lot of things a the same time.
I'm not sure if I'll go with the 8.7psi or the 10.1psi spring. Probably the 10.1psi...
EDIT: I believe the difference in boost readout is because I have my boost gauge referenced off the manifold and the wastegate gets its pressure off the compressor housing.
Without manifold heat shield
With manifold heat shield (modified stock heat shield)
Sorry no decent under-car photos. I tried to take some tonight and it just didn't work out. Next time I'm under the car in the daylight I'll take some.
Overall I have to say I'm extremely happy with how smoothly the build went. I am also a firm believer in v-band clamps now!
I've only had it out for one drive to help dial in the tune, so I can't really comment yet on how fast the turbo spools etc. I should have more input after this weekend, and my also post data log info.