Never a dull moment. It's very convenient having a spare motor to mock up things, but I forgot that I don't have any accessories on that spare motor! After
I finished welding up the wastegate return and went to mount it on the car I quickly realized the wastegate is hitting the alternator! I could 1) cut and reweld the wastegate routes 2) grind down part of the alternator or 3) grind down part of the wastegate. The wastegate lost.
The side wastegate nipple was hitting the alternator, as well as about 1/8" of the aluminum housing (vac area not the steel exhaust route). This all actually turned out to be a blessing, as I found that part of the diaphragm was pinched between the halves of the aluminum housing. I disassembled the wastegate nearly completely in order to clock the housing so the nipple wouldn't hit the alternator. A bit of grinding later and it fits fine.
Wastegate ground. Please ignore the funky old welds on the manifold.
If only all my cuts were perfect then all the welds would look like this: