Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 Auto-x video and picture thread

46K views 161 replies 38 participants last post by  papaacer 
#1 ·
2012 events have started, and so have the videos.

My area runs a slush series all winter long, and the last one a week ago actually was pretty miserable. We had a bunch of snow that started to melt, but then it all froze up the night before the event so badly that it was hard to walk without slipping and falling. We couldnt have workers on course, so we ran exhibition runs for the morning with no time and no one to chase cones. By lunch, the driving line was mostly thawed. After 1 hour of lunchtime shoveling by 10 volunteers, we had a wide driving line and could continue with the timed event.

Anyways, thats the long intro into my video.

See less See more
1 2
#101 ·

Some fun STS action. Though I wish my Focus didn't have a Torsen in it. I would love to dabble in STF.

#104 ·
<tongue firmly inserted into cheek>

Read my signature mellephants [facepalm]

2002 ZX3 (daily)
1990 CRX Si STS (autox)

Also, if it sounds like a Honda and the interior looks like a Honda... [neener]

As some have said, "I've gone to the dark side." [:0]

#107 ·
hahaha fair enough! That's what I get for operating without enough sleep [?|]

we just had a Focus class breakdown in another thread!!

I'm not going to lie, a prepped STS Honda is extremely fun!

but have you tried a prepped STS Miata??

Anyone attending Nationals??
(1) I see that, heh, identical info to what I posted
(2) Agreed!
(3) Yep, those are a good time, but IMO still not as much fun as STX/R prepped FR-S, RX8, Z4, S2K... and those, in turn, aren't as much fun as anything in SSM [:D]
(4) Not me, can't afford the time

Speaking of fun things to autox, I get to run a Coyote KT100 on Sunday... worth it just for the scent of 110 octane premix [thumb]

20120315_30D_IMG_7857 by mellephants, on Flickr

#106 ·
we just had a Focus class breakdown in another thread!!
I'm not going to lie, a prepped STS Honda is extremely fun! but have you tried a prepped STS Miata??

Anyone attending Nationals?? I wish i could make it.. but work is busy. We've got about 4 locals attending.

#108 ·
not too familiar with karts.. is that a shifter?? if so, those things FLY!!!

i've driven an STR prepped S2k... I need one!
buuuuut an SSM (supercharged) Miata takes the cake for sure..
i REALLY wanna try a locals DP Miata.. that thing is on rails.

#113 ·
just going to leave this here. they were setting up for a dealer demo event, so they ran the course a couple times in their ST.

and a couple of my own

#115 ·
A few pics from my first event in my STF Focus

It was damp to a steady rain for most of the event but still had a blast. Finished 2nd in PAX (out of 47). Stock shocks/springs, big Steeda Rear bar, 17x7.5 wheels with 215/40/17 Star Specs. Car needs springs, shocks and camber REALLY bad.

I goofed up my video camera and didn't get ANY incar footage.[bigcry]

#118 ·
Probably would be better but I wanted a tire that was not great at anything but good at everything.

If I decide to get a bit more serious next year, i'll get a pair of 15" wheels and the 225 Kooks for the front. The SVT could certainly use a bit more gearing.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#127 ·
Haha yeah I was searching for the positive. I'm a chronic over-driver also.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix via Tapatalk 2

#130 ·
That looked like a really fast course and your car seems to dig out of the corners really well too. Good driving!

#132 · (Edited)
The "eyebrow slalom" as people like to call it with some walloms at the ends of it kinda does give it the feel of the east course at Nationals. For our local SCCA event, last weekend in Packwood, we adapted the entire east course onto the site. Though, with Packwood's elevation changes, we had to adjust things here and there, and it gave it an entirely different feel, but still had some of the elements, including the "eyebrows", and also a modified ring of fire (that didn't actually catch on fire, this time).

#134 ·
Couple from today. First is in the Focus. The course was pretty damn fast, so there's a lot of sketchy areas that I could get through with my foot to the floor. Fun course to drive, but not the best for an H-stock car in PAX class.

This one was in time only in the afternoon. I got to hop into a BSP prepped 944 S2. It was the first time in the car, very easy to drive, and also very fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.