Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 a/c problem
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #92
Focus Enthusiast
Fan#: 91034
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Met, 201A, Sport, 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 sprcoop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by Cylander View Post
This is the first time it's really been warm for an extended time since I got the car and it seems the more I use the AC, the better it gets. It was hot yesterday and today and I didn't need max. I wonder if the system just needs to be broken in?
I thought it was just my imagination but this may be the case for me also. The occasional use of A/C on 80+ degree days earlier this year made my A/C feel a little broken.

Several days in a row reporting 104 to 108 and it cools off in a less than a minute and I run it on 2 or 3.

Mostly because on 2 it will sometimes get the turned off/humid smell symptom. Never on 3 but it gets a little chilly. I figure it's still a little broken because of that but have not bothered to get it checked out. When working properly this is not an inadequate A/C system. If it feels that way your A/C is broken.

Getting your dealer to do something about it is another matter. They replaced my wife's compressor and hers has been perfect ever since.
Candy Blue SE HB, 6sp Auto, Sport Package for the wife
Sterling Metallic SE HB, 5sp manual, Sport Package for me