Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tampa Bay

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Cobb_Web 
#1 ·
Hey just moved down couple months ago. Does anyone here meet up or hangout?

#4 ·
If somebody could set it up, I'll be there. I had fun at the one in Daytona Beach, and would like to get more involved in this. I can't set it up for the fact im still in high school and have exams coming up, and i'm not too sure how to go about it, but if somebody could set up a time and place I would be more than happy to look for hotel room prices if we are doing a two day thing like last time.

#7 ·
that may not be a bad idea. we'll probably be surrounded by muscle cars but hey tuners gotta have there chance too right? If I'm not working or nothing I'll see if some of my freinds from my raceteam will go with me unless there working otherwise it'll probably be just me. But I'll talk to them and see what they think.

#9 ·
showtime i believe has an autocross track and motorcross and drag strip its supposed to be pretty cool. well if anyone decides to go i will be there in the pink focus and im going with a black and red ws6 so just come over and say whats up

#11 ·
And I'm even later. I just bought an SVT and desperately need to meet someone who knows what it is supposed to look like under the hood so I can understand what has been done to my car by previous owners!

I'll be doing a tech day tomorrow with some mostly Miata friends, core people from the FAST autocross club, to do a suspension refresh on my car (SVT suspension pack to bring the suspension back to stock ... as a starting point).

If anyone wants to join us just PM me and I'll get back to you with a time and address. Otherwise, I hope to meet up with fellow Focus fanatics, esp. SVT owners, someday soon.

#13 ·
I haven't autocrossed in about 2 years - other things were taking up my time - but I think I'll be back with my SVT soon! I hope I'll see you there, if not sooner.

I started autoX years ago with the old SunRiders club when I had a Subaru Legacy 2.5GT, then a '97 red Miata, then the infamous Tampa Bay FrankenMiata, about then the club became NASA for a year and then FAST. Somewhere in there I sold the FrankenMiata and bought a S2000.

I sold the S2000 a couple of weeks ago and used part of the proceeds to buy my SVT.

My car needs some work (slightly molested with an ugly body kit and new but poorly done paint job) but it was cheap enough and with good "bones" so it will become a multi-year project car. I've got plans ...

It really would be helpful to be able to get with someone who knows the SVT to see if they can spot issues I've missed. PLEASE!

#18 ·
Hey there, we actually have a thread going on right now called "Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater Summer meet..." discussing this very same idea. We're kicking around a few ideas for locations and dates and such, come check it out and let us know what you think!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.