Originally Posted by kam327
Yeah I know the suspension bits have some different part nos., I just wonder what real difference there is.
I did a little more digging and thought you might be interested in this. I was looking at something called the 2012 Focus "Sourcebook" that is basically a pretty comprehensive (44 pages) guide to the Focus - standard features, trim levels, options, etc. My guess is that it served as a training aid to dealers to get them quickly up to speed on the new model they were to start selling.
In any case, under the "Performance/Handling" section, there is a small entry for "sport-tuned suspension," and they had this to say about it:
• Standard on Titanium models
• Included in the SE Sport Package
• Delivers the ultimate in Focus handling performance characteristics with:
– Revised strut and shock absorber tuning
– Revised steering assembly tuning
– 16" aluminum wheels with P215/55HR16 tires on SE models
Interesting that it mentions revised steering assembly tuning. I wonder what that could mean - I'm guessing maybe stiffer control arm bushings or something? It can't be anything too pricey...