Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Meet the KRAKEN!!

79K views 713 replies 61 participants last post by  SvviftSVT 
#1 ·

^^a few members of Team Focalize

So I have been a member of FF for almost 4 years now and FINALLY decided to do a build thread.
So here goes.
I was driving on July 4th, 2008, in my 1994 Toyota Camry, and the throttle got stuck. Long story short, threw a rod and punched a cell phone sized hole in the block.
I got my 2004 Black SVT in July of 2008. I bought it from Carmax, and got ROYALLY SCREWED on the price. But all things considered, I don't mind because I love it. It's my baby and gets more attention than my girlfriend. [shhh]

Its been through a few stages, and sadly I can't find the pic from the day I bought it. Sticker showed 11,600, after financing and warranty, I ended up paying 18k for it. I had no down payment, and it was my first car purchase. Like I said, I got screwed but i still love it.

Mod List:
Exterior (as it sits)
Green HID's for lows
Matching HID's in fogs
Fogs covered in Lexan and nightshaded
Eyebrows
Roush Midwing
Custom "diffusers" on SVT spoiler
Billet Gas Door
Side Exit Exhaust
Center exit SVT diffuser
Shorty Antenna
Green LEDs in grills
Euro Grill

Interior
LED's for floorboards (green)
purple leds in cupholders
Kenwood Excelon double din touch screen
PS2 in glovebox
Kenwood Excelon complete stereo

Performance:
Tom's Tune
ORP
Megan Racing Springs
KYB AGX shocks/struts
CFM Adjustable STS

this pic sums it all up, minus the misspelling.

I apologize for not having a "timeline style" thread, I just posted as things came to my mind.

^^As of a month ago.

In the first year, I did tint. I drove it that way until I blew the Audiophile sub in the back. It then got replaced with the stereo out of my old car. All Kenwood Excelon.. CF speakers, mono amp for the subs, 4 channel for the coaxils and components, 300w tweeters in the front doors

I bought a used Saleen suspension kit and loved the way it rode. Shortly there after, I got my first set of aftermarket rims (ASA AR6's) 18x7.5.

First accident
Went to Austin, TX, for my birthday and got rear-ended by a Marine in a 89 Ford Ranger who was deploying 3 days later. I felt bad for him, and didn't want to pursue it through insurance, but that is why you pay for it. (He is still doing alright, I have sorta touched base with him a few times)

2nd accident
I was driving along with traffic, and then the car in front of me darted over. I looked up and there was a SUV stopped in the middle of the road at a GREEN LIGHT!!! I almost missed her but kinda clipped her exhaust.

I had a little accident #3, and destroyed one of the 18's... which have been discontinued.

I did a vinyl wrap on my car. Some people said it was rice, some people loved it. I did it because it was what i wanted to do, and my inspiration was panel-style of the old Woodies.

LED fun

Controls go here for now.. soon will do switch panel in "ash tray"

Side Exit

Pending Mods

getting wrapped in CF vinyl. scoop made functional heat extractor

new 18s getting painted color shift (emerald green to deep violet)

Oh, and uh..[ffrocks][ffrocks][ffrocks][ffrocks][loveff][loveff][loveff][loveff]

See less See more
#251 ·
Chris, I'm telling your wife. Haha jk

#255 ·
yes. i agree with justin.
pics or gtfo

#257 ·
My thread. So, fine, pm me pics. Haha

#266 ·
Those green headlight bulbs cannot produce adequate light for safe driving. The vinyl on the hood looks awful (not centered right) IMO. It might look better painted. In surprised I'm the only one who has said this. You are looking for feedback right? I was reading on how you were saying your car was rice free, that is the only reason I commented. I like the rest of your car though. Looks like my old Zx3.

#268 ·
They headlights actually produce quite a bit of light. Not quite the same amount as a 5000k bulb, but equally as much as a 4000k.

And yeah, the hood isn't quite finished yet. I am going to make some new changes to it and then rewrap it.

Thanks for the honest feedback.

I love the hood. The side vents will be getting filled in and the hoodpins/latches repainted

#270 ·
Yeah, hit some snags and haven't been able to get tires yet.
Hopefully, by the end of the month, thru well be on.
And yeah, the flames are fun. def need to throw a clip up here. gong to try again for some footage this weekend

#274 ·
Under the right color filters, it could be.

And yeah, my car is severely rice.. Cuz you know what they say, you are what you eat.

#277 ·
Yeah, I'm wanting to wrap it in carbon fiber.
Been very tempted to do it in lime green cf. Roof too

#280 ·
no real update yet.
after my next car show, i am going to work on the hood and a new mod.

but here are a couple dusk/night time pics that i like.
shows off the headlights...

and yes, calipers will be repainted soon(ish)

#286 ·
I have wanted to do that purge idea with green of course. But I'll be filling in those "nostril" vents

And I liked it with the lights off. I can get one with them on if you want.

#287 ·
Birthday gift from my girlfriend.

Still waiting on euro tails. :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.