Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2nd gen Duratec turbo build Oil lines

8K views 71 replies 10 participants last post by  Hughesy27 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm currently building a turbo kit for my 2010 2.0 and have just about everything I need. Just need to fabricate a downpipe, tune and oil feed. For the duratec guys running turbo, how long of an oil feed line are you running and does it have to go all the way to the oil sending unit?

Here is a link to the build thread as promised: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4193346#post4193346
Parts I have:
F2 tubular manifold
Isis rs3871 turbo (JB version of the garrett 2871 for a 1/3 of the price and 1yr no questions asked warranty...I'll Bite) I'll post pics and numbers when it's done.
FMIC (Cold side purchased from sporadic) Fabricating hot side soon.
42lb injectors
Knock of cossie IM
Gauges, BOV, turbo timer, O2 housing for start of downpipe.

P.S- in order to get photos on here I have to do photo bucket or what? Sorry new to this.

See less See more
#31 ·
And remember u will have to get a oil restrictor don't remember but is diferent. Between ball bearing turbos an non ballbearing
Posted via FF Mobile

#35 ·
Hey guys will a 36" feed line be long enough? I'm about to go on a ordering frenzy next month to get this build finished. Fingers crossed! I'm ordering my exhaust on the first then getting all of the little things I need to finish up. Going to get a downpipe fabricated. Price of the tune might be the only thing holding me back.

#39 ·
Alright folks I ordered the sandwich plate and hopefully finish up my coldside next week. Just a few steps away. Trying to figure out how much I want to run on stock bottom end. I have plans latter to build the engine to up the boost. I have done some searching around on here and keep seeing many different results what is safe on our engine. I am probably gonna set my actuator at 12psi and use a boost controller to lower it down.

#40 ·
Well folks I'm kind of in a rough spot right now. For what I was gonna spend on parts and tune next month I have an opportunity to get a 97 gsx eclipse. So I will let everyone know what happens.Can't have both right now so might be selling all of my turbo parts for the focus. Kills me to do so; I have to do a little soul searching.

#46 ·
I really want to have both turbo cars but too much right now. I eventually want to build another eclipse. I had one when I was in the marines. Bought it stock and put a lot of work into it. Then lost control and put into a wall at 70.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

#47 ·
yeah, ive had a couple other turbo cars too. Its hard to put money into my DD when I can buy/build a turbo honda or DSM for the price of the FSWERKS kit.

How much would you want for your manifold+turbo+o2 tube? Are there any pictures floating around of the f2 tubular manifold "installed"?

#48 ·
Not installed. Weather has been pretty bad where I'm at. I'll see what I can do for you later this week. And going a different route on the downpipe. Gonna do a v band flange so I can adjust as needed depending on which way I face the turbo. See talking about this makes me want to finish the build. Not one to quit something once I get started.

#49 ·
yeah you should finish it. I'm really tempted on pulling the trigger on the MS3 used turbo+downpipe. Worst case, I can just sell it for what I bought it for and just lose out on shipping. I really wished some companies would just sell a manifold_downpipe combo. There's a dozen places that do that for hondas. I bought a tubular log+3" downpipe for my crx for like $550 brand new.

#50 ·
That is true. When I looked at the manifold it just looked like it has a lot more bolt holes but not really sure if that would hurt anything. You should still have a good seal. And the turbo and downpipe should work fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.