Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Orlando area ... Front wheel bearing, need a shop that will just do the press work

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  HenHouseSurprise 
#1 ·
So, I am pretty sure my front passenger wheel bearing is on it's last breath. I don't have access to a hydraulic press right off the top of my head ... anyone know of any shops in the Orlando area that would do just the pressing out and in of a new bearing? Would be doing the work in a friend's backyard around Hoffner / Semoran, so something in that area would be best, but as long as the price is right, I'll consider Orlando in general.

#3 ·
I cant think of any shops of hand. But if you have the parts removed from the car and just need the old barrings pushed out and new ones in. Call good year up. They should charge to much.

#7 ·
I have not yet, but everything I've seen on here indicates that a press is required to get the bearings out. I'll have to take a gander at YouTube later I suppose.

If you check the Harbor Freight website you will find a press isn't too expensive. If you have room to store it then it might not be a bad idea to buy one.
I live in an apartment currently. Space is at a premium, so not really an option right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.