2001 Ford Focus SE (SOHC)
Another SPI hanging in there!! Car has 105,000 miles. Recently had a compression test done on the engine, and supposedly all cylinders right at 120 psi. Now I'm considering replacing the timing belt, water pump, etc.
I know this engine has had massive problems with the valve seats, and wondering if i should put more $$$ into this car, or cut her loose while she still going?? If I do change timing belt and water pump...is there anything else that would make sense to do at that time??
Things I've done over last year:
1) failed front springs...replaced.
2) failed ignition lock cylinder..replaced.
3) failed alternator....replaced.
4) failed O2 sensors...replaced.
5) failed DPFE sensor...replaced.
6) failed fuel pump...replaced via recall.
7) new green stuff pads and slotted rotors
8) new headlight assembly
9) new plugs, wires, and coil
10) new fuel filter
11) new tires