Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Finally Zxthrizzle05 turbo zetec build

72K views 446 replies 37 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 · (Edited)
My parts list include JE pistong with Eagle rods. A kesatie motorsports zetec turbo kit with 60lbs injectors and a water meth inj. Kit. And I have a kenne bell BAP, water pump, oil pump, new timing n serpentine belts, ford oem headgasket, ARP main head bolts. Anything else I mioght b e forgettung idk there's alotYep as of today I had my lemon towed to my fathers garage and I got it up on stands. I drained the oil and removed the cam gear cover and the coolant resevoir tank so far. Its 9 o clock now and I didn't get the car towed till 6 due to our snow causing every towe truck being busy the last 6 days. Anyways here some pics of car at home and car in garage.

See less See more
#216 ·
My svt has a passlock theft system.I would contact a dealer or manually reset it.If your theft is on it WILL stop fuel from getting too your injectors.It really just sounds like a theft system issue and is common when pulling motors because of the ignition systems in most cars.So basically it means the ecu/ignition control thinks someone is trying too bypass the ignition and so it automatically switches too a passlock mode which completely stops fuel flow.Hope that helps.

#219 ·
No... If the fuel pump is running like you say it is then you should have fuel to the Injectors , the Theft systen STOPS the fuel pump from pumping (turning on)and even stops the starter from engaging if set

You can hear the pump running there is nothing that can stop the fuel from getting to the filter and fuel rail , I think the dealer installed the pump hoses wrong and there kinked or they blew off inside the cannister

Tom

#220 ·
yes as tom stated the fuel pump turns on and i have the fuel filter off i turn the key to on pump turns on and no fuel shoots out the line that was supposed to go to the filter

#221 ·
The problem I had was with the theft system from experience.My fuel pump would turn on and I could here it pumping but I still was not getting any fuel too my injectors.I reset it (takes eta 30min)and it turned over and had fuel flowing too my injectors.Thats just from personal experience.

#222 ·
Hmm sounds like a electrical problem somewhere in the sending unit.Not really sure.Right as Tom said it also could just be kinked.Never heard of this problem before.Im gonna talk too one of my buddy's who's a tech at my local Ford dealership and ask him his thoughts on it.

#235 ·
yes Tom does the tuning for me and was controlling my computer for the majority of the first attempt to datalog...i ahd a 3 bar connection on my WIFI lol...but monday the ford tech will be out to my house to diagnose the problem....if i get bored enough over the weekend ill get alot of pieces of wood on my low jack and jack the rear of the car up till the nose smashes into the ground to try and access the pump to take pictures of whats giong on

#238 ·
well i installed a new fuel filter today.....went inside the car to show my girlfriend what the car does since she hasnt been around since ive been trying to solve this problem and ewhat ya know the car started and sounded like shit a bit i let it run for bout 30 seconds when i realized OH NO i dont have the datalogger hooked up right now so i shut it off hooked up the datalogger started it up and it ran for bout 20 seconds this time and the rpm went to 3k then when i put on the gas pedal the engine cut off and died and wotn get fuel pressure anymore

#244 ·
yea i ahve brand new battery....ford tech came otu today and turns out the aftermarket guts that were put into my stock ford canister arent co inciding with each other and the pump turns on its just not pumping fuel through anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.