Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Announce: MyFord Touch Bug Tracker
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

Points 382, Level 7
Points: 382, Level: 7 Points: 382, Level: 7 Points: 382, Level: 7
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile Announce: MyFord Touch Bug Tracker

If you've ever browsed the MFT threads on this forum, you'll have seen lots of bug reports, but it's nearly impossible to find any particular one. The MFT sticky thread is now over 80 pages long!

So, I'd like to introduce a new website to track software bugs in MFT:

www.outofmytouch.com

There are a few goals for this website:

1. Provide a searchable bug database to track real issues with MFT software.
2. Provide easily-accessible best practices for working around existing bugs
3. Publicly shame Ford into fixing the bugs

This website has been built with the same spirit as MFT. I loaded it, and it appears to work. Website bug reports are graciously accepted and sent to /dev/null for immediate processing.

There's not much to the site yet. I've pre-populated the bug database with my list of MFT 2.11 bugs. I had more, but I don't remember them.

Please add your bugs to the database. You can sign in with your Google Account or any OpenID provider. Ignore the fields that don't make sense. It's not my fault the software I'm using has default fields that can't be removed without manually changing the templates and database schema. I'll probably remove them at some point.

Target Version == Found In Version. Sorry.

Volunteers to write content for workarounds (e.g. a writeup with photos for pulling fuses) would be appreciated. If anyone actually uses this, we'll probably need volunteers to screen incoming bugs.

Happy tracking. If you think this is pointless, please let me know and I'll stop working on it. I'm already horribly depressed that I spent somewhere between 8 and 16 hours on this.

Update (3/19/2012): Added live bugcount to the hero box. Added dynamic list three most recently updated bugs to the front page along with a 'view all' button to catch people's attention.
Update (3/20/2012): Added CD category to component list. Added a reproducible field. Also disabled some unused fields. Still working on hiding them.

Last edited by pil__; 03-20-2012 at 10:51 PM.