I just registered on the forums to pitch in since I just purchased a 2012 Ford Focus S Sedan last week with the 5 speed manual transmission. (I read about all the issues with the DCT and wanted to stay away from it. Besides once you learn to drive a manual who wants to go back! Am I right
Already 300 miles in and I'm finding issues so my fun is just beginning. Hopefully this is just a few simple issues but in my experience once they start they don't stop.
So far my issues consist of the following.
1. Miss alignment of the front bumper/fender (Driver side gap is larger than the passenger side (not a big deal but annoying when its new.)
2. Passenger side power window motor seems weak and takes longer to lower or raise the window.
3. Faint rattle on the driver side from within the engine compartment when engine is running and sitting still. (Have to be outside the car to hear it.)
4. Leak in the hydraulic clutch/brake cylinder.(Found fluid on the container above the cylinder.)
5. A faint clunk when the car is moving when pressing the clutch in to go to the next gear. It didn't do this last week but with no tension on the motor meaning foot off the gas pedal then there is no clunk when pressing the clutch in.
First service appointment is this week but man. I bought a new car not to have these issues right off the bat. This sure does make me feel very disappointed with Ford at least with this car.
I don't want to bash Ford over all as I have never had problems with Ford in the past. At least not at the brand new stage as my previous Ford which is 25 years old now and it's still chugging away on its original motor. (Minus other odd bits being replaced due to age/worn out.)
Here to hoping for the best!