And I feel the need to document problems I currently have with the update:
1) Not being able to assign the favorites buttons is ridiculous. They're both completely useless, as it is. Does Ford really think we need a button to go...to the main screen? Or to the Sync Services screen?
2) No Valet mode. WTF were they were thinking here? No Valet mode means my personal addresses and phone numbers are available for anybody that gets into my car. Guess I won't be accepting valet parking anytime soon...
3) No progress indicator on USB. WTF again lol. Who on Earth would remove this? At least give us a "1:00/3:04" or something. I have no idea how long some of these songs are and I'd like to have *some* indication of when they might end. Same is true for both iPod and USB sticks.
4) Randomly the Play/Pause button didn't function when I was playing from the USB stick. I switched inputs to and from the iPod and it worked fine.
5) Volume indicator doesn't update for every change. It only updates every *other* change. I like to set my volume one notch under the first main notch when I park it overnight...but that notch isn't one of the ones that gets updated. Meaning: I set it to the first main notch, then drop it a bit lower, but there's no visual indication. Huh??
6) Separation of AM/FM. Lol what? Did they honestly think people wanted the AM and FM stations separated into different buttons?? Now my first USB device is on the first screen and my second is on the second page. If I could, I'd just remove AM from the list completely. What a waste. Why would they feel the need to change this?? The best option would be letting us re-order this list as we see fit. I'd throw AM and CD at the bottom of the list, as I never use them.
Outside of these things, I freakin *LOVE* the new system. It is incredibly fast, seems to be stable and reliable, and is far more intuitive (although this doesn't really matter to me...just important if I pick up my parents to take them somewhere since the old system was just a bit beyond them). A few small changes and this system would be perfect!