Originally Posted by 2012sel
Resetting the oil life monitoring system
1. Turn the ignition key to the on position. Do not start the engine.
For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP
button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal. Do not attempt
to start the engine.
2. Press both the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time.
3. Keep both pedals fully pressed.
4. After three seconds, the Service: Oil reset in prog. message will be
5. After 25 seconds, the Service: Oil reset complete message will be
6. Release both the accelerator and brake pedals.
7. The Service: Oil reset complete message will no longer be
8. Rotate the key to the off position.
For vehicles with push-button start, press the START/STOP button to
turn the vehicle off completely.
Here's how to reset the oil life monitor on my Chevy:
1. Depress "RESET" button, and hold for 5 seconds.
Wonder why Mother Ford makes it so involved???