Originally Posted by tigertiger
I downloaded the second edition of the owner's manual. It has this information:
Resetting the oil life monitoring system
1. Turn the ignition key to the on position. Do not start the engine. For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal. Do not attempt to start the engine.
2. Press both the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time. 3. Keep both pedals fully pressed.
4. After three seconds, the Service: Oil reset in prog. message will be displayed.
5. After 25 seconds, the Service: Oil reset complete message will be displayed.
6. Release both the accelerator and brake pedals.
7. The Service: Oil reset complete message will no longer be displayed.
8. Rotate the key to the off position. For vehicles with push-button start, press the START/STOP button to turn the vehicle off completely.
Thanks for the tips, I was able to change the oil myself for the first time with my 2012 Titanium. However, no matter what I do I cannot get the oil reset to work? I have the push-button start, but when I hold the button for 2 seconds and press both accelerator and brake the car tries to start???