Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FRPP Suspension on a 2008?

51K views 228 replies 43 participants last post by  Gettysburg150 
#1 ·
Hello, all!

I'm looking into dropping my Focus, and have seen FRPP mentioned being used with 2nd gen. Foci.
My questions are these: Are we talking about the "2000-2005" FRPP suspension kits? If so, how easily will 1st gen. FRPP suspension fit onto a 2nd gen.?

#44 ·
I put the frpp shocks and struts on my 2008 about 100k miles ago after being fed-up with the bottoming out of my focus on every driveway or speedbump in my path. Never been happier with any mod on any car. As soon as I put them on I felt like I was driving a 4-wheel drive vehicle it felt like a brand new car. Still lasting strong, I actually think it raised the suspension. I have over 150k on it now still as strong as ever, now if I can get rid of the rough idle I'd be happy.[cheers]

#50 ·
Seriously, its just a tool rental from being assembled, compressing springs is easy peasy work.

#53 ·
so im putting my front struts and springs together ahead of time so all i have to do when i take my car apart is put it back together... question: at the top where the cup with the 3 bolts seems croocked is that normal and will it flaten out when i put it in car? question2:does it go strut, spring, metal cup, strut bearing, cup with 3 bolts, then big bolt?

#69 ·
Just a check in lol Yes Ford Quoted me $680 for labor alone then was going to charge another $110 for alignment then another $100 for the camber bolts(which i didn't need).
They tried to say that it was 2 and a half hours per corner! i literally laughed at him on the phone when he said that.
Anyways i ended up doing it at a buddies house on his driveway in 1 hour 15 mins and we were talking alot in between that.
FORD = CROOKS
But they can get away with it because there are alot of people out there that don't care and will drop the cash on it because either they are lazy or lack mechanical ability(=

#73 ·
they do. idk what's going on over there but my dealer was going to charge me 70 for an alignment. that's 20 less than what i would pay anywhere else. they're always willing to help out.

anyways, rcjames in terms of tools, budpln has the idea. the install is so easy so really don't sweat it. and it always helps to have someone around but you can always do it yourself. just don't have them do it for you because 1. that's just straight messed up 2. it's better to reap the reward after you did the job yourself or did something to contribute (like you put one side in while your buddy does the other) and 3. knowledge is power, you can now go out and help someone put it on their car if needed.

um, if you need help or have a problem with the install you can pm me or anyone else with a lowered focus. we're all willing to help [:)]

o AND GET A TORQUE WRENCH AND TORQUE DOWN ALL YOUR NUTS AND BOLTS! when your all done of course

#75 ·
my FRPP Kit should be here today my question is when you got an alignment after install did you need any additional parts to get a good alignment or is there enough adjustment in the stock stuff to get it back in spec

#79 ·
lol yeah i bought the rear camber bolts and everything but then took them back after getting my alignment because i was within spec. People on here started ranting when i posted the specs saying i needed to take it back because they weren't good enough but Sears got them from Ford's OEM Spec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.