After installing my dealer kit for speed control I found that it uses a lot of existing wires and connections in the car so it shouldn't be that hard to remove the speed control servo with cable and install it in any other ford focus as long as it came from the same motor correct?
The way I see it, all ford foci have the studs in the fire wall for the speed control servo, so if you went down to your local pick a part you could just:
- Unbolt and take the servo (3 bolts)
- Cut and take the wiring harness from the servo (C831), about 5-6 inches of wire would be ideal
- Unbolt and take the steering wheel with switches attached
- Unclip and take the black thingy that the air bag and cruise switches plug into
- Cut and take the 9 pin harness (C896) about 3-4 inches back that the black thingy gets plugged into it
- Cut and take the Brake pedal position switch (C824) not to be confused with the stop lamp switch (C444) that all cars have
Then you would just need a lot of wire and you could just wire everything up from their sources.
I found a wiring diagram for a 2002 Ford Focus and traced all the connection and wires that go to the speed control servo but I want to make sure I get everything right.
EDIT: REMOVED PICTURE AS IT WAS WIRED WRONG