Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#74,361 ·
also I think is funny how Aku has owned the same car (svt focus) for a billion years then suddenly he had to buy a new car and now he wants a new car every other day.
lol yup!!!

i mean i'm letting go of my focus... it needs to happen. but i already have a plan for ze future!!!

Wilhelm - gets an om606 swap for better driveability day to day, turns into my summer cruiser (eventually gets a nice resto job)

W123 240D - gets wilhelm's old 3L motor, simple to fix and tune, becomes rally car/winter beater

as of yet not fully designed custom MR car - becomes summer daily (liter or 600cc engine will get great mileage) AutoX lulz car and track star.

ta da!!!

wilhelm will also at some point get a beefed up suspension (air assisted shocks i think) so that he can be the tow vehicle for all of these lulz.

also brad keeps wanting new cars cause he kept going through jettas... then he got the G...

right now he's just AWD obsessed cause he hasn't driven on the super awesome conti winter tires he bought.

/Timmay ultimate car plan.

#74,362 ·
I enjoy day dreaming all the time.

Also I never even considered a different car before when I had the SVT A) cuz I like that car and B) cuz I was basically poor as [:)][:)][:)][:)] with no job the entire time I owned that car so there was no way I would even be able to think I could possible afford a different car. lol. Also if I had the SVT still I wouldn't be looking at other cars and would be buying a turbo kit for it. Imo I shoulda found another SVT when the red one got smushed but previous to my AWD obssession I had a turbo obsession so I bought jetta cuz already had turbo.

And I got the second jetta cuz I could just swap parts over I had recently bought and only used for like 3 months. so thats my rational.

Anyway. Odds are I'll keep jetta all summer long and then most likely end up trying to find a house or something like that and end up keeping the jetta longer but not the point.

Its fun to daydream. haters gunna hate

#74,363 ·
I enjoy day dreaming all the time.

Also I never even considered a different car before when I had the SVT A) cuz I like that car and B) cuz I was basically poor as [:)][:)][:)][:)] with no job the entire time I owned that car so there was no way I would even be able to think I could possible afford a different car. lol. Also if I had the SVT still I wouldn't be looking at other cars and would be buying a turbo kit for it. Imo I shoulda found another SVT when the red one got smushed but previous to my AWD obssession I had a turbo obsession so I bought jetta cuz already had turbo.

And I got the second jetta cuz I could just swap parts over I had recently bought and only used for like 3 months. so thats my rational.

Anyway. Odds are I'll keep jetta all summer long and then most likely end up trying to find a house or something like that and end up keeping the jetta longer but not the point.

Its fun to daydream. haters gunna hate

Fair enough also bmw started making loud clunky noises this morning on way to work.......turns out we have a hoist at work anyway tossed bmw on that and looks like rear shock and or mount have snapped right at the top [mad]

am now trying to figure out what to do.....racelands or proper suspension

#74,364 ·
Hard to say

I want to say racelands because cheaper fix and more $$ for racecar

but then again you like the bmw more than I like my jetta and you plan to at least have somebody auto-x it so maybe its worth proper suspension...

#74,366 ·
Hard to say

I want to say racelands because cheaper fix and more $$ for racecar

but then again you like the bmw more than I like my jetta and you plan to at least have somebody auto-x it so maybe its worth proper suspension...
true......may just see if I can get new shock mounts and leave it stock suspension for now...if not may try to find something used on the forums for same price as new racelands.....

or may just get jetta running tonight and park it for a minute while I figure out what to do lol

#74,367 ·
Jetta still doesn't start up? Mc fail lol jk

This weekend I'll park myself in the garage and prep the BMW and Jetta valve covers for paint and also get the headlights installed in the Jetta. then bring in valve covers to work and find myself a corner in which I can paint shit in so I'm not trying to paint in my basement

#74,368 ·
Jetta still doesn't start up? Mc fail lol jk

This weekend I'll park myself in the garage and prep the BMW and Jetta valve covers for paint and also get the headlights installed in the Jetta. then bring in valve covers to work and find myself a corner in which I can paint shit in so I'm not trying to paint in my basement
Turns over but wont catch not sure what the deal is (probably just forgot to plug something in or an easy fix like that)

didnt have time to work on it while prepping for exams and I have the bmw anyways so wasn't too worried.

#74,370 ·
Wait weren't you supposed to have the focus today? lol

And fair enough.. exams are priority. make that shit run!
shutup I dont think that clearly in the morning lol. grabbed my usual key walked to my usual car and drove the usual car to work and totally forgot about taking focus to get bike until I got to work.

o well. would rather I was driving bmw when it broke rather than my mum.

#74,371 ·
You made it sound like you were driving home to swap to the focus last night when I was on the phone with ya before you went out to hang with the wife lol.

But yea true better you be driving than your mom and have her freak out that your car is now making a bunch of weird noises.

#74,372 ·
Mikko hirvonen went to citroen!!!

NNNNNOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

#74,378 ·
woot! going to see mission impossible 4 for free tonight with Jackie because I own a bmw!
Explain, and do they realize your BMW is old enough to get into the movie?

#74,379 ·
Explain, and do they realize your BMW is old enough to get into the movie?
yes lol.

went into dealership today to get a new wheel stud (one of mine is missing?) and get prices on shock mounts and they told me they were giving out free pairs of tickets [:D]

I wonder what sort of free stuff you get if you own a porsche? probably free caviar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.