Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Third gen bordumb chat

73K views 505 replies 92 participants last post by  Opee33 
#1 ·
Here is a thread to talk about what ever you want (scratches, dings, age.) Or just to BS. I figured every other area has one why not you guys so here you go.

#56 ·
My wife and mother both kicked in and I got a shiny new American Strat for Christmas (cream, Jimi-style, now, if only I could play Jimi-style). I put a floating tremelo in my old Strat years ago and while it seemed a good idea at the time, I soon came to regret it. Turned the whole stringing/tuning process into nightmare. Good to have a pickup-and-go electric again. Because I made my old Strat such a pain, I have pretty much stuck to my Yamaha acoustic and Ovation 12-string for the past ten years. I was hoping with the new electric I could pique my son's curiousity but no luck so far. Oh well, I'm having a blast with it!

I'm with you Cacophanous, I'd love to drum but also lack the coordination, and aggression for that matter (and I'm not using aggression in negative manner all you drummers out there, I mean it in a totally complimentary way).

#61 ·
thought you all would be interested in reading this from Autoblog:

Most everyone at Ford is grinning from ear-to-ear these days, as the company is enjoying profits as well as a vastly improved product portfolio and public image. Sales are up, the product pipeline is full, and market share grew last year. You can almost imagine Ford CEO Alan Mulally saying, "What, me worry?"

But that's exactly what he should be doing, according to Forbes, which suggests Ford is growing arrogant and its numbers aren't nearly as solid as they appear. For instance, Forbes says Ford was also right up there with Toyota and Honda when it came to recalls last year, far outpacing crosstown rivals General Motors and Chrysler. Ford recalled some 3.3 million vehicles in 2011, compared to 773,000 for Chrysler and just 500,000 for GM.
But the real shocker is that Forbes says Ford tops all automakers when it comes to fleet sales. Not only are fleet sales usually less profitable, but they also tend to hurt resale values, meaning that selling 32 percent of its vehicles into fleets last year does not bode well for the Blue Oval or the residual values of its owners. According to the report, the model with the most fleet sales was the new-for-2012 Focus. A staggering 45 percent of Focus models sold last year were to fleets, which isn't good for anyone, save the guy standing in line at the Hertz counter.

#62 ·
I saw that too ... very interesting. The part about the rental cars is so true. My brother loves my FoFo, how it handles, drives, shifts, etc... His wife's Honda needed to be in the shop for a week so he was sure to get a '12 FoFo rental. To put it mildly, he thought it was a POS. Now granted, it was an "S" and not a Titanium, but it seems that at least that rental co. is not applying TSB's and those problems us fanatics have been chasing down and quashing continue to live on.

#73 ·
March freakin' 8th. Rochester freakin' NY. Leaving work last night (climate set to 70 on auto) and felt cool air. Looked down and my AC was on. March freakin' 8th. Strange, strange winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.