Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT Catalytic Converter - Source for Reman or Perf Replacement needed.

22K views 56 replies 25 participants last post by  cfmfocus2 
#1 ·
I have had my SVT parked for 2 years now as I havent been able to source either a remaned Stock Cat or an aftermarkent unit that is bolt on.

My last attempt earlier this summer had me contact CFM but I had no luck.

Are there any other sources for what I am looking for that will allow me to avoid Fords replacement cost of $2500. (what are they smoking?)

I have searched this forum prior to joining and again today but seem to run accross sources that are no longer valid.

Thanks in advance. Mark

#34 ·
I'd just go with the CFM cat, that's what I have on my car now. I passed my emissions test with an ORP this year... no CEL and no inspections just a scanner.

I got a brand new OEM cat under warranty last year and the invoice priced it at $2500, it has 600 miles on it as it sits. Took it off to protect it and the O2's, if you know what I mean, and to get the ORP/HFC performance gain.

#35 ·
Hey guys, thanks for responses.

NYS is just a scan, plus the guy who's fixing my car is also the one doing the scan, so it will probably work. I contact Dominic and he quoted at $335 plus $15 shipping, which sounds quite reasonable.

I guess I'll square it off tomorrow with my mechanic and see what goes on. If you like, I can keep reporting on my progress. :)

#39 ·
If its just a scan, maybe the o2 sensors need replacement?
They already replaced the O2 sensors, but the engine light still lights up. So sounds like the catalytic converter does require replacement.

So I went to my mechanic today to show him the pictures from Dominic's site. Seems like my original converter is much flatter, so not sure if Dominic's would fit. Here's the picture I took off mine:

Is that what your converters look like? I am not the original owner of my car, but I seriously doubt that the catalytic converter was replaced in first couple of years and require replacement again. =/

#43 ·
@ ratnikov

C-F-M and Dominanteng both make quality parts either place is a good choice and will work fine. I have dealt with both places for various parts and have been satisfied with both. As for fitting, anything you get after market will not be flat like the OE cat however they are all designed to fit properly so dont let the difference in looks fool you. The only place you MAY run into a fitment issue is if your header is bent. The svt header sits very low and useually has a dent in it, this also can cause your cat to bend slightly. When you install an aftermarket cat or orp from anyone there is always the possibility it may hit the cv shaft or sit at the wrong angle due to a slight bend in the header, with a torch, prybar, and patience you can straighten it back out. Just throwing the warning out there so these aftermarket companies dont catch hell if the cat wont line up since it may not be their fault to begin with.

#45 ·
The old design we only had a few customers with issues with them that we know about. The customers that have contact us we have helped out.

We did change the design of all of our pipes just last month. The new design is working fine. We are always willing to work with our customers too if they for some reason run into any issues with our product.

We had a few customer requesting us to make a support bracket. We are also looking to offer an optional support bracket too later on.

#47 ·
If anyone needs a stock SVT Cat (in good shape, only 17k miles on it when it was taken off). I have one (with heat shields). I just trade the SVTf in on a black '12 mustang GT so needless to say I have no use for it!

#48 ·
who is Dominic and what is his website. sounds like his stuff is good. i got svt header and need a cat to make it work. thanks

#56 ·
Hey, everyone has their problems. As everyone knows he's a one man show and does this on the SIDE. Meaning he has a full time job. You can claim his parts are inferior and have catastrophic failure, but the fact still remains that ONLY his front arms have failed. The other fact remains that EVERY OTHER companies front tubular arms have failed as well. So, yes, I would recommend his rear camber arms, toe adjusters, front end links, etc. because they are quality. I'm not basing my opinion off of front tubular control arms that no company can correctly "engineer" anyway. Personally, as I said before, anyone who buys front tubular arms from anyone is just wasting their money because in 10 years not one company has come up with a successful design.

Also, I recommended massive's new designed parts as well. But I guess you guys missed that part.

-Matt

#57 ·
We have in-stock ready to ship out today our cfm cat pipe. We will have the other Street and race ones back in-stock next month.

If anyone has an problems with our product, we want to know about. It is not common to have problems with our products, but if it happens, we want to repair or replace the product.

The offroad pipe and cat pipes is difficult item to make. We have seen other companies have issues with it too.

CFM cat pipes and offroad pipes we did a redesign about a year ago. The pipes used to be grinded down on the welds than polished. We stopped doing that given it can make the pipe thinner in those sections. This made a big difference with increasing the strength of the pipe. We also changed the location of the o2 sensor bungs, which also helps. We noticed the old location awhile back was put in high stress areas, which caused a few customers to have problems with the pipe cracking.

Most customer do not have issues, but when we see something can made better we do make improvements on our products.

We redesign our cfm control arms a few years ago to make them stronger. We have sold a lot of them since than all without any issues.

The Focus business is a full time business for us. We work regular business hours. We have a online store and a store front. We also sponsor this forum. It is really easy to get ahold of us being by phone, e-mail or livechat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.