Originally Posted by chum567
Bearing and Seal Assembly in the front and Struts replaced - Fixed all grinding noises.
Reprogrammed PCM and TCM TSB 11-10-2 - Runs better but I still have a rough idle and shuddering, will give it more time though.
Reprogrammed Body Control Module TSB 10-10-1 - Key Fobs now lock instantly.
They couldn't replicate air vent noise.
I still have speaker, headliner, vent, and console rattles and noise. They aren't major but I will see if they get worse
Glad to hear some of the issues you reported have been resolved. If you need further assistance in the future, give a shout out through PM to myself and Natasha.
Originally Posted by gpinnell
Natasha: Just wanted to update you on my transmission issue with my 2012 Focus. The transmission reset seemed to help. I consider this problem resolved. Please pass these pro/cons along to whoever listens in your chain:
1. Excellent fuel economy (now getting 31.5 combined)
2. Pretty quiet for a small car
3. Acceleration seems quicker than its rated time.
4. Comfortable ergonomics in seating.
1. Did someone intentionally forget to engineer places to put things?!? Impossible to reach glove box, too small center console storage, no "nooks" for items to be placed. Needs a storage compartment on the dash like other imports or the Dodge Caliber.
2. Back seat legroom scanty with a 68" driver in the front seat.
All in all car is growing on me but wish I hadn't had to buy a back of seat storage unit to put things. Thanks for your time. Greg
I will relay the message to Natasha. She will be happy to hear the issue has been resolved.
As for the pros and cons you listed, you can post them for our engineer's consideration on Social.Ford.com.
Thanks for the tips and Happy Holidays!