Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Roush Stage 3 Ford Focus Concept - Would there be interest?

78K views 163 replies 87 participants last post by  Focus 13 
#1 ·
Curious, how folks will respond to this latest offering from the friends of FORD.

ROUSH unveils the 2012 ROUSH RS3 focus at the 2011 SEMA EXPO.

Performance, power and an aggressive appearance are traits readily associated with the ROUSH Mustangs and the ROUSH F150 trucks. ROUSH Performance has applied their powertrain, suspension and body kit capabilities to the 2012 small car platform. The engineering and design teams at ROUSH Performance unveiled their 2012 ROUSH RS3 Focus today at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, NV. The ROUSH concept vehicle is painted in a striking matte-finished Sherwin-Williams “Sin City Silver,” complimented by a graphics package that let’s fellow drivers know that you’re driving a ROUSHcharged® performance car.

“Our goal is to offer an affordable upgrade package to enhance the performance, handling and appearance of the 2012 Focus,” says Gary Jurick, VP/GM of ROUSH Performance. “We’re excited about our concept vehicle here at SEMA, and the initial feedback from consumers and our dealers has been very positive. The enhancements to the body components and overall styling have been a big hit with the SEMA crowd. We’re continuing to finalize our program offering, and we plan an announcing availability in early 2012.”

The 2012 ROUSH RS3 Focus offers several potential powertrain upgrades including a R900 TVS ROUSHcharger®, Roush modified high-flow induction system and Roush dual-exit high- performance exhaust. “Our initial tests show that more power can certainly be derived from the 2.0L engine with our R900 ROUSHcharger®. It’s possible to see 230HP and 210 ft/lbs of torque with the ROUSH Performance setup. Those are big gains over the stock outputs. That kind of power-to-weight ratio will make this an exciting vehicle to drive.”

The pictures show a cool exterior kit ... but wondering what the final price point would be. Those that miss the SVT variant, this may scratch the itch until FORD drops theirs.

==================================
ROUSH Powertrain Components
  • 2.0L Supercharged Powertrain Featuring the ROUSH TVS 900 ROUSHcharger (Estimated Output: 230HP/210ft.lbs.)
  • ROUSH Engine and Coil Cover
  • Square Tip Performance Exhaust

ROUSH Chassis Components
  • 19-Inch Hyper Black Wheels w/ High Performance Cooper PZero Nero Tires
  • Performance Tuned Suspension System
  • Performance Brake Package – Red (4 Piston Caliper/14″Front Rotors/Painted Rear Calipers)

ROUSH Body Components
  • Custom Show Quality Exterior Paint
  • RS3 Focus Graphics Package
  • ROUSH Front Grill Inserts and Surrounds (Piano Black)
  • Stage 3 Grille Badge
  • Driving Lamp Surrounds (Piano Black)
  • ROUSH Front Chin Splitter
  • ROUSH Side Rocker Splitters
  • ROUSH Rear Valence w/ Diffusers and Extractors
  • ROUSH Rear Corner Splitters
  • Rear Hatch Spoiler
  • Rear Hatch Stage 3 Badge
  • Front Windshield Banner

ROUSH Interior Components
  • Stage 3 Leather Seating w/Accent Color Stitching
  • Billet Performance Pedals
  • Aluminum 5-Speed Shifter Ball
  • Shifter Boot w/Accent Color Stitching
  • E-Brake Boot w/Accent Color Stitching

See less See more
#133 ·
Id like the grills more if they were a direct drop in.. I like the break between top and bottom... but also like my G/delete also.

#134 ·

It's been spotted in the wild, although the car I found is wearing different and dare I say ugly wheels compared to the HRE ones shown at SEMA 2011 and NAIAS 12, and was running their ST specification 3.0" Exhaust kit

#138 ·
I am not lying, however the car has been modified with their 3.0" ST exhaust and a stock SE rear valence instead of the custom Roush one, as well as removing the nice wheels for something much more inexpensive.

It is still the same car as it was still tagged with the QR codes and everything that still linked to their website for it.

They also did not make more than one car by all accounts so unless they started to sell all the parts including the interior trim to make another one this is the exact same SEMA car.

The windows are tinted quite a lot but I could still make out the seats and shifter as well were identical to the SEMA car.

#140 ·
They should have just left it how it was at SEMA. it was such a good looking car!

#145 ·
I wonder if the supercharger is working or its just marketing blablabla.

I think for a show they just put a mockup supercharger setup inside.

#146 ·
They never produced it except for the show car and afaik it go removed after the show circuit ended

#153 ·
I love it all!! Are they going to follow through with this? Love the splitter!!

#157 ·
Honestly... takes a lot of patience. I am still in search of that honeycomb mesh. Use ur imagination. And be patient. I tried a lot, failed, and in the end, am very proud of it. Don't start cutting away at ur car without a vision and a plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.