Want to change Class
Well the Houston, TX region is coming to an end ...
Myself and fellow FocusFanatic member, Zab, will be running our 11th event this weekend and then the last event for the year is the first weekend of December.
For next year, I was thinking about jumping into a different class besides ST ...
So, what do you guys think about DSP?
- 16" Rotas
- Hankook RS3 tires 225/50/R16 - they have a few more events before they need replacing
- H&R Race Springs
- Eibach shocks ... I am actually ordering the KYB Adjustables next week ... I wanted to give them a try since everyone else does the Koni's. I am going to finish up the rest of the Eibach Shocks for the rest of the year.
- Stock Front Sway Bar ... I have the Eibach front sway, debating on putting it on or not.
- Eibach Rear Sway Bar 25mm
- Short Throw Shifter
- All of the VFE Poly Motor Mounts
- K&N Intake
- XCal Tune ... need a new tune
- 67mm Throttle Body ... yes, I put this on a couple of months ago ... and actually shouldn't be in ST with it ... but I am still battling the Civics.
- ORP ... same excuse ... One of the reason I am thinking of a new class ... to be fair and all.
- SPC Drilled and Slotted Rotors.
- I have the Adjustable Exhaust Cam, but haven't installed it.
What else am I allowed to do to perhaps run in DSP?
In the Houston region, the people in DSP here are a couple Chevy Cobalts (Non-SS), a few Integras (surprisingly very slow drivers) and a neon.
I think I would have a better chance in there because of their weight to power ratio as oppose to me battling light-weight Civics in the ST class ... but I will say, they definitely push you hard. I've won 2 Events against these quick civics ... but only 2 ... Myself and Zab pride on taking them down.
But what are your thoughts ... a bit of guidance.
I've been AutoX-ing off and on for 3 years ... but this year ran every month except last month. Losing our friend Izzy, took the joy out of AutoX-ing for the month.
Hatch Nation Member: #147
R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.