Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Installing aftermarket deck with factory sub

6K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  I Bleed Ford Blue 
#1 ·
I tried the search function but maybe I'm just not using it right...

I have an 07 Focus ST that came with the Sony sound system & sub in the trunk. Is there any wiring harness available that allows me to use the factory sub with an aftermarket deck?

I stumbled on forum thread somewhere but the person had to splice all the wires in order to hook it up; there's gotta be a harness for this somewhere.

Any helpful insight appreciated!!

#2 ·
I did an aftermarket deck in my 2006 ST with the sony premium system. I wanted to keep the factory sub enclosure but upgrade the sub. The installer was ablet to fit in an 8 inch sub in the factory enclosure (with a little modification) and added a sub amp. This worked great for me...

#4 ·
I have an 05 SES and I ordered my after market deck off crutch field and if you enter your car as having the factory aubwoofer they send you the extra wiring. There is a thread on here somewhere with part numbers. I wrote them down but I'm not home or I would put them on here.
Posted via FF Mobile

#14 ·
The sub making a popping sound when you turn on the amp sounds like it's the amp itself. Nothing wrong with it.

Most amp's have a muting circuit that mutes the amp for the first few seconds of startup to eliminate that popping sound. Sounds to me like yours just doesn't have that feature.

#15 ·
I don't think that's the case - if it was then the sub would pop with my factory deck in as well. Keep in mind here I'm using the factory sub, and the popping only happened once i put an aftermarket deck.

I researched the issue online and the common fix is to install a resistor/capacitor that causes a delay in the amp turn on.

#20 ·
Can somebody help me with hooking up the factory sub to an aftermarket hu. I bought the adapter that was posted in this thread and the plug that comes out of the rca wires doesnt plug into anything. Theres two blue wires that come off and i think i have them in the right spot but im not totally sure. Theres a third factory harness that isnt plugged in and i believe this is for the sub but the rca plug isnt going to plug into it. What am i doing wrong or was that the wrong harness posted??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.