My update at 3500KM:
1) Loose upper strut tower bearing on right side found at 1200KM now fixed as of last week (took about a month to get parts! )
2) Defective PS rear speaker (also found at 1200KM)-- still waiting on the part (now told a total lead time of two months as the first one Ford shipped was the wrong-- that wrong one took about a month to get.
3) 'Acceleration hesitation'/transmission responsiveness. Had car in last week for this too. Don't know what they did but there is a mild-- MILD improvement... might even just be power of suggestion. Take-off power still sucks with a clocked 2 second delay most times.
In general stepping on the gas requires 2 second count before there is any action. There is no discernible consistency though, so I can't adjust my driving habits to accommodate the mechanics!
About a dozen times there has been a "thud" in the front end on acceleration. First time I though I hit a dog or something. I don't know how else to explain this.
I would like to have this modded somehow as Ford likely can't. Any ideas?!
4) black screen (still only one incident so far that I 'fixed' myself with the fuse pull).
5) paint defect about the size of a silver dollar on DS above rear door on roof. Need to make a body shop appointment yet.
6) Trunk gas prop defective. Does not stay up below +7 degree weather. Can't get dealer to replace as they need to see it happen.
7) Sound system has delays sometimes. I press "next" and have to wait 5-10 seconds before it advances to next song. Only occurs on USB, that I know of.
8) Key-less door locks not working consistently (started at 2000KM). no, it is not me. ;) I have read the manual, forum posts and the like and there are times when it just simply fails to work the way it is supposed to.
9) Failed to start once. Still don't know why.
10) Wind shield wiper on driver side has defect.
11) Design issue: I just tried to give someone a boost today... WOW, won't be doing that in the bitter cold of winter. Way too hard to get at the negative post on the battery as it is tucked in too far to get at with booster cables. I may have to run a shielded and capped wire from it to have it accessible! I average 3-4 boosts for people each winter.
12) Design/material issue: B-pillar plastic is very much subject to scratches. I'll be covering this with a scratch guard material.
Now officially not happy.
Stuff is defective. I get that. As a QA professional and change specialist for the last 16 years I have some measure of awareness and 'tolerance' to defects existing in our products.
What I can't tolerate is the amount of issues that are emerging on this $27,000+ vehicle, how they are intermittent and the off-shoot of them being the time and energy that my wife and I will be spending to coordinate appointments, travel to two ford locations for repairs (both of which have NO courtesy cars). Also will have to do some personal modding. That is why I bought a new car-- to avoid this type of lifestyle of screwing around to through good money and time after bad.
The intermittent issues add to my lost time to get the dealers to deal with as they can't replace what appears to work for them.
All with in 4 months of owning (to end of this year), I estimate we will be using over 10+ hours of personal and business time, be without a vehicle for about 40 hours and spend over $200.00 in rentals/cabs.
Last edited by DanteCaspian; 10-11-2011 at 09:37 PM.