Anyone interested in physical fitness knows that muscle burns more energy than fat in the body. That's great if you're already fit, but some of us aren't. Enter the BS pharmaceutical or herbal combination industry touting one manufactured metabolite fix-all paraded around by some sexy bod after another. Well I got some of the secret ingredients nailed down, first of all there is the hot bod.
We all want that right?
Well work out all you want, but there are a few of us out there who have a better chance with her than losing the spare tire. You can reduce it, but you can't lose it. Well this might not help, but it won't hurt either.
1) You've heard it before, now it's time to do it: eat 5 meals per day. Morning is more important than night time. Your first 2 meals should be your largest. Dinner should be your smallest meal, and you should avoid working out 3-4 hours before bedtime. That might not be ideal for everyone, so if you're used to working out at night- it's probably a lesser evil than not eating breakfast.
2) Coconut oil is not easy to find, but it will increase your metabolism all on it's own. Unless you just love to cook in oil and swap coconut oil for peanut oil, the best way to get some is to just take 2 tablespoons per day. Try health food stores, international food stores, and you should have some luck. It increases thyroid hormones, and burns fat. Farmers in the 40's tried feeding cheap coconut oil to their cows to fatten the cows up, but instead the animals became very active and lean. Studies also show that people in the Yucutan have a higher metabolism than people in the USA even though the climate is warmer- which usually causes a higher metabolism. Coconut oil was found to be one of the culprits.
3) Green tea- a buddy of mine recently brought his weight and blood pressure under control so he didn't have to take BP medicine by quitting energy drinks entirely, and fixing green tea. He made his own iced green tea with lemon and orange flavor. There are many different recipes online, and if you want to get really high tech a real tea pot makes a big difference in how the tea tastes. Tea bags are acceptable though.
4) Mate (mah- tay) tea is like green tea supercharged, and it comes from South America- the same people who brought you cocaine and caffeine. It does contain caffeine, but not enough to make you jittery. What it does contain is a lot of nutrients that increase energy and thyroid function. It's available at health food stores, but don't pay too much. I've seen some ridiculous price differences like $45 to $7 per 24 bags, and have seen it as low as $25/100. Let NAFTA work for you- drink some mate tea instead of a Monster.
5) B- Vitamins should come as no surprise for anyone who's done any weight training, but those do more than help build muscle. A B-complex is a good supplement for any diet, but you might want a sublingual B-12 to really boost your energy. I get mine at Costco, 2500 mg, and cherry flavor. It works well enough to keep me from falling asleep at my sleepy job.
6) More water means more energy burned. We need it for our bodies to properly burn energy no matter what else you drink. Most people go through life dehydrated right- who can drink 64 oz of water per day? If you're sweating outside sure, but not if you're sitting around a cubicle. Look at it this way- if you have a spare tire, then you need it filled, what a better way to get it filled than with zero calories that promotes energy burning. I've found it's a great way to keep myself from feeling so hungry between small meals.
That's about it for now. More later, and please enjoy another shameless pic of the same hot body.