Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Fun with PlastiDip!

2M views 3K replies 351 participants last post by  RonMaiden 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I got off my lazy butt and hit up the Lowes and got a rattle can of Plastidip and did some car modding today.

Anyone else had some fun with Plastidip? Post up some pics!

I know Pattacular has some pics [popcorn]

Temp usage. -30 - 200

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/fil...6techsheet.pdf

See less See more
#231 ·
i wonder what a high-gloss clear would look like over the plastidip? hmmmm

#235 ·
#239 ·
I think you meant, "So who is going to plastidip their penis AGAIN?"

#241 ·
white plastidip makes for great socks! I think I'm going to try this on a car I have that has its weather stripping chipping away. the metal is showing. Does this have a rubber/plastic look once dried? cause if so, it would look better than spray paint.

thanks

#242 ·
^^ It looks like black vinyl once it dries, it has the texture (Feel) of rubber but from a distance it looks just like the plastic accents they stick on cars

#246 ·
yeah its all waterproof me and a buddy did the rims and a part of his front bumper on his srt4 like over a year ago and it still looks good. It works real good if your not sure if you will like how it looks or not if you dont like it peel it off! no prep work just wash it off lol

#248 ·
this is crazy funny. for yrs i have been using plasidp on my nitro & electric r/c's. to protect the servos from water.

now i see this. this is helping me. i was telling a member i wanted to try to to top of my car in black. but did not want to get it painted & not like it. so now tmrw i am off to lowes & getn a can to test. thank you all for the idea...

#249 ·
that and a trick is to paint it in ONE coat and it dries quick make sure you pull the tape on your edges BEFORE it dries otherwise you pull your nice tapeline and make it look like hell

#253 ·
Plasti-dipped my grille after seeing this thread. Plan on doing more since I have it, and it's awesome! Haha. Here are some pics.
Looking good, love it with the blacked out grille, and at a fraction of the cost of buying a black grille. [grinking]

And this is why I love Focus Fanatics! ROFL [histerical]
There are many reasons why I love FF, and yes that is one of them. [clap]

#254 ·
i went looking the other day at lowes, home depot, harbor freight, pepboys & no one has any color but black. i got blue last yr for my nitro r/c to dip my servos in. lowes had red, yellow, blue, black & white. NOW. only one color. i was going to do my saleen wheels in white & put on my car for winter. o_O

#256 ·
i never thought of a ACE. i went to a different town like 20 miles down the high way .lol they have more than my town. BUT we have a ACE. think i will run out there to look in a minute.

#258 ·
HaHa. I went to the local ACE. They did not even have a clue what I was asking for. They have only been open for 16mnths. But I went to looking around the store. I found it in the dip. black only.LMAO. I asked if they could get it in spray. The guy says it only comes in dip. Like the can says. So out came the DROID. got on line to show him it is in spray also. Then a lady standing there said they can check the warehouse to see if I can get other colors. but if they had a sku it would help them better. WTF..... Time to shop on line I guess

#259 ·
Hmmm, you could always try and contact the Platidip peeps and see about finding a sku #

Or if someone has a can at the moment could you take a pic of the UPC and post it up for NX_Focus?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.