Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My sync isn't working :/

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  john m. 
#1 ·
Recently i was using my bluetooth stereo to play songs off my phone. The car decided to cut off after the regular how many ever minutes it shuts off. So now i try to sync my bluetooth and it won't let me. it won't let me pair my phone or anything. can someone help?

#6 ·
i've tried most of that they said. everytime i select "add bluetooth device" it asks me to "switch bluetooth on or off?" i could try disconnecting the battery, but i feel like it wouldnt do anything.

#7 ·
ah i re-read the problem. yeah thats a little different from my problem as i play my music separately from my phone. but like that thread said i just deleted SYNC off my phone and my phone from the SYNC system and reconnected.. its been working ever since. the only issue i really have is when the vehicle health report just randomly interrupts everything.

#11 ·
My Ipod displays "Sync" in the Bluetooth settings as soon as I turn on Bluetooth and wait about 15-30 seconds. Your phone show anything like that? Just trying to rule out any issues. Other than that - Bluetooth wasn't shut off on your phone by accident? I'm thinking no, but thought I'd ask.

#12 ·
alright so i deleted the pairing on my phone, turned off my phone. unhooked the battery from my car waited about 10 min. hooked it back in and tried again. IT WORKED! thanks everyone [thumb]

#14 ·
if you ever run your battery down to where the car wont start you will have sync/usb issues. the module takes along time to reboot on its own. during this time you will not be able to use the system at all. your radio will work just fine but none of the digital sources will. your steering wheel controls will not work also. its the darndest thing. it has taken anywhere from a few hours to a whole day to reset after i got my car going again.

the last time i ran the battery down i killed it completely and had to buy a new one. i told them about the issues with sync and they were left scratching their heads. sure enough it did it for them but they had no answers. this prompted the owner of the dealership to come out and ask the service manager why i knew more about ford vehicle then they and the salesman did?

my only gripe with the system besides having to delete the phone and reconnect it is that when i get a text that it interupts my playback and forces me to select a reply. i havnt been able to sucessfuly select one yet. after a few seconds it closes the text dialog then kicks me back to basic radio.

#15 ·
well, i didnt run the battery down. i turned the car off, didn't open the door and after (i guess 15 min) the electronics shut off

#16 ·
yah, from my experience it has always been the phone. i know some phones like balckberrys have multiple bluetooth settings. like make you device discoverable for 30 secs and keep bluetooth on....

my dealeership has made me the goto guy for all there techno questions and i would say in 90 % of the cases the phone has been the issue and of those 70 % were blackberrys.

i tell people to go to syncmyride and do a system check and update if necessary.

#17 ·
Just to throw this out there - every once in a while I have to turn the radio off and back on to get the audio to play through bluetooth, sometimes it will just stop playing. However, every once in a while it's the other way around and I have to shut off my Ipod and turn it back on for bluetooth audio to work again.

#18 ·
BOY! I haven't been able to use my cell phone on my 08 SES using sync for over one year!. Now thanks to this thread I went out to the garage, re booted my sink and BOOM! it connected to my cell phone on the first try!. Too bad they don't have a donate button next to the member that made this sync fix suggestion as I would have used it for sure! O.....WELL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.