Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #120
Focus Enthusiast
Montana's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89448
Location: Ford Dealership, ID
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

Posts: 162
Points 218, Level 4
Points: 218, Level: 4 Points: 218, Level: 4 Points: 218, Level: 4
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by BeeTee View Post
OH MAN!!! I really wish I had read these before i purchased this car...i was afraid that it was only me having this problem but now i'm even more afraid to hear that so many more people are experiencing it as well. I am experiencing the exact same thing, automatic transmission can not accelerate from 1st gear into 2nd with out the car shaking and feeling like it will stall!! I am terrified that i wll be stuck with a lemon. I called Ford Canada and they acted dumb saying they've never heard of this problem before, now I have to find the time out of my schedule to actually go to the dealership and try to get an answer or more lies about this!!! I am so disappointed and mad right now!!!! Why didn't I just go Japanese like I said i would

Well as you can see now you are not alone with these issues, I traded in my 08 Cobalt for this pos and now those of us that have these issues are stuck with a vehicle that Ford is either unwilling or unable to repair. I much like you did not come here first or did it occur to me to check this place out before purchasing this vehicle. I guess we pay for our mistakes, Damn expensive mistake though. Anyway I have talked to all who I can talk to and have filed a complaint with the NHTSA and there are a few others that have filed various complaints about the 2012 Focus. Not all of the owners have these issues and I wish Ford would realize that support of the new vehicle and customers that are having issues is very important to ensure their return to purchase more vehicles in the future. I am beginning to think the outlook of Ford on this is if 80% of the vehicle owners are happy or willing to accept a defective product then they can write off the other 20% (20% being us that don't like the current issues with the vehicle). Well hang in there and go to the dealer and at least get it documented, In the future that may help getting this issue fixed.

I think we all bought the Focus on the styling and features that you get compared to other vehicles on the road, But when driveability has to take a back seat to styling there is a problem and Ford needs to address it. All I can say is hang in there and hopefully Ford will step up to the plate and make this right for the owners with issues.

Montana is offline  
    Reply With Quote